Reboots & Remakes | Pad Patter 10.26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Oct 26, 2018.

1. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Kissed the frog (post #17)

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm not a fan of the reboot/remakes. ;(

bellbird and MrsPeel like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

ITA! Come on folks, be original.

bellbird, MrsPeel and Tree City like this.
  4. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

i actually love the new sabrina remake on netflix! I love that sabrina is strong and intelligent. yes it's darker, but it's also connected to Riverdale and my 14 yo is so excited about rumors of a crossover between the two. i also like the lost in space remake too.

I'm not super nostalgic though. I tend to like new things :)

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

There's one exception - I just told DH the other night that they should make a remake of Miami Vice. I might actually like that.

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

They run Friends everyday on some channel and I usually put it on as background... you are so right! There was one episode alone where Rachel was mailing out resumes (and realized that she had a typo) and later they couldn't order pizza because Rachel was hoping for a phone call from a potential employer. Neither of those would apply today!

As for remakes, I'm generally not a fan. We used to love the BBC series, Coupling and were actually excited when they decided to do a US version... it was horrible and scarred me in regards to remakes.

bellbird, MrsPeel and Karen like this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

How old are the kids, Melissa? I m not sure I would e3ncourage Sarita if she was under 10 (which was, if I 'm not mistaken, we we used to watch Sabrina) Now Sarita made some comments in its favor (the new one) but from that my answer was ...then DON"T call it Sabrina!!!!!!! same with Riverdale (sorry @Beckie LOL)
    Archie was one of my most favorite comics and they just made it mean and (again) dark.
    I should add: I do understand, you girls are SO young, I wont expect you to understand my complete rage for these re makes LOL

I'm not even gonna bother with Mary Poppins because I know I wont be happy. Both Poppins and Sound of Music (this one specially as was what made me go into performing) We saw the musical here in the West End, and it was actually ok, Mary Poppins, I didn't wanna go to Sound of Music Musical because I didn't want to risk being totally disappointed.... as for new generations not liking it that much.... don;t know, maybe some, but if we look at it that way...none would like Jane Austen or .... not sure how to explain....
    They do sing along sessions of Sound Of Music here in London and you have to book 2 month in advance...is FULL of kids, young kids..... so, with this, like many other things, there will be ones who love it and others who don't.....
    I don't think they should be re makes of stuff that was so big... like they did Pride & Prejudice with zombies.......
    anyway, better don't get me started LOL

YES. what.she.said.
    :imok:giggle:giggle

my thought precisely!!!!!

yes, rumors are true :)
    yes, you are right, the character is great, the whole cinematography also is wonderful, visually is great, but, as I said above: make a show about a teenage witch, give it the tone they want, but don't call it Sabrina.....
    The whole point of Sabrina original was a light, fun show..... it worries me that the world we live in has so much of it...
    but then again, as I mentioned above too....
    You are YOUNG.
    I'm old, so old, and we tend to moan about how great things were in the past!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle

didn't they make a film a few year ago?

yeah, lots wouldn't fit, but ... I don't care for a new one...I keep watching the re runs and I laugh at every episode like it was the first time!!!!!!!!

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I do know what you mean...but...um, don't hate me but I don't love Jane Austen. :hide But all silliness aside: something becomes a classic because it resonates with many people across many generations. But nothing is infallible, so I think the movie industry (much more so than books) think that they can make more money by remaking Classics. I'm not saying I think it's a good idea, but I think money is at the core of the issue. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this was one of the shows i was thinking about when i was writing this post (Sabrina) - she was my feel good Saturday dinner time tv show in teen years and the preview was so dark and i was scared this would just ruin m memories!

Tree City likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yes This! No way i would have thought that Archie and Jughead from the comic strips i used to read would have done any of that Riverdale stuff! (Random fact: Mum named me for a crappy B side song by the Archies band (it was on the other side of the Jingle Jangle record single https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archies - and back then i don't think Jingle Jangle was an illicit substance or maybe we were naive about it all!)