Store sort function

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by littlekiwi, Oct 19, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Occasionally rather than sorting Newest to oldest which is the default I want to sort lowest to highest price. Now my issue is that sometimes the store will change when I go to the drop down and other times it won’t or it will sort for page one but then go back to default as soon as I go to page 2 etc. I am using Safari on my iPad but from memory I’ve had it happen before on my laptop which I use Google Chrome. Any suggestions as to why it’s happening or a solution?

2. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Jennifer, not sure why that would be happening so will tag Laura to see if she can help :) @lmccandless

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I use the sort Lowest to Highest often, and it always goes back to the default of Newest First every time I click to the next page. I hate it but assumed it was just the way the store functions and nothing could be done about it. I use Safari on an iMac.

The only helpful thing I've found is remembering to select the option to show 30 items at a time so at least I'm having to click to the next page less frequently. It would be nice if I could ask the store to show me 100 items at a time. But having it remember to sort the way I ask it to on every page until I change the sort method would be even better.

Another wish I have for the store is that our wish list could be organized and searched. Mine has about 75 items on it so I do a lot of scrolling to search for what I want!

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

@littlekiwi @michelepixels

Unfortunately, that's just the way the tool is programmed but you can increase the number per page. So, for example, where you see the 30 in your browser window, change it to 50 or 100.
    upload_2018-10-23_11-2-21.png

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Depending on what you are searching for, you can narrow the search with the "advanced search" first. I find that if I narrow my options the sorting is more effective. Like, if it's a coupon for a certain designer, and I don't want to spend $X, that narrowing limits the amount of pages.

advanced search.PNG

gonewiththewind and Danyale like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Cool! I never would have thought to change it in the URL. :D

7. littlekiwi

8. littlekiwi

Actually I forgot to mention that when I do sort by price, I find that probably about 1/3 of the listings aren’t in price order at all. Eg: I’ll get a whole pile of $2-3 items then a random more expensive item will be in there too.