OCTOBER is here...and we are getting serious! 2018

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! Vacation, kids, jury duty and ICE cream! The worst combination ever!!

Come on, lets do this!

Back to water! I found myself drinking tea! What? is that, sweetened tea! oh no!

I went to doctor, and all is great in blood work. But, I gotta lose the red meat. That so sucks!
    so, more fish and vegi's! all good!

I am still losing, and am in maintain mode, so all is good. But I need to
    MOVE!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

Yes! Walked 3 miles OUTside! Up a 6% grade to our space hall! I did it I am feeling good, and my old dog is sound asleep! lol

Cabbage/Egg and bacon and a hot shower! I am ready to get back on this Fit Trend!

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I found two teas - that don't need sweetening - that hit the spot for me. Good Earth decaffeinated and Yogi licorice.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Of course, you have to like orange spice and licorice, but I love these. I've been drinking the Good Earth tea for forever, back when the only place you could purchase it was from the restaurants (which are all now closed). At least this survived the shutdown!

I did go to the gym today; walked on the treadmill and did some machines to strengthen my arms. That ended as soon as a couple of men started talking politics ... They weren't being obnoxious about it so I didn't complain, but their man voices carried enough through the air that I decided my workout was over. I was done anyway, but I didn't linger!

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am in!! I hit my 10,000 step goal Monday and Tuesday. I went to yoga Monday and today. Hmm, I have a 3 hour training class this afternoon, but maybe I can lap the parking lot during the break...

For Sept - down 3 pounds from my highest of the month. Down 1 pound from my Sept 1 weight. This gaining and losing yo-yo needs some control... Weekends are killing me and I know it -- too many sweets and carbs - and not enough moving. Water is good. Sleep is good.

Oct Goals: 8 waters, 7 hours sleep, 10,000 steps, no sweets, no breads, no food after 8pm

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been struggling over the last few months because of soccer. My boys both play so every single day we have a game or a practice somewhere and this week for instance, I haven't gotten home until 8:30-9:00pm each night. That means eating on the road. Mostly I've done really well and have at least gone to Subway, so I'm not eating terrible food, but all that bread makes it hard to lose. On Tuesday we were out in the sticks and I didn't pack a snack so by the time my son's away game was over, we went to McDonald's I haven't had that in a LONG time.

On the good side I'm still managing to work out three times a week. There was one week that I only fit one work out in, but I was so busy running everywhere else, that I still got lots of moving in.

My October goal is to get back to drinking more water!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm in! I slacked in September, so I need to start back up. I'm drinking lots of water and I'm logging over a mile a day on my Apple watch, so I guess that's something. I need to get back to my weight bearing and maximum stretching on a daily basis, though. I'm active, I've been working outside quite a bit, but I need to do those other exercises I mentioned. I got my yoga mat out last night so I would see it and remember to do them.

7. QuiltyMom

Time to get serious. I have officially gone up one dress size since June. I've been in the midst of an extreme amount of stress over the past months, which causes me to eat chocolate (and other assorted non-healthy foods) by the bucketful. EEk.

8. AnneofAlamo

We got this ladies!! October is the month for us!

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm still trying to get a routine. I've been slacking mostly because of all the stress the past year and half. But I can't go into the holidays like this. I do good during the week and then the weekend comes and everything goes to squat. So....

I've got water. I've got apples, salad, and smoothie stuff. Gonna try less eating out. More water. More walking. IF I can get it to stop raining every other day here. LOL

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well I’m aiming to be more consistent with my walking/fitbit this month - should be fairly easy as I’m busier the first 2/3rds of the month.

This week I ordered 3 months worth of vitamins so should get them around the 15th, just need to get in a habit of taking them daily - i tend to be ok once in awhile.

Finally I need to figure out a incentive/reward for not ordering pizza delivery at least once a week - so far 5 days in and while I’ve thought about ordering, I haven’t caved. Whether it’s putting away what I would have spent into a reward of some kind I’m not sure. Next month I’ll focus on eliminating sweet and salty “treats” that have become bad bad habits - the two food things kind of go hand in hand but I want to make it a sustainable change so doing it in steps.

BevG and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I need to get back on it too. I've been stress eating Peanut Butter M&Ms and drinking Dr. Pepper... sigh. Not that often, but way more often than I should. Part of it is sympathy eating... Clara was in so much pain with her foot and that combo is our pick-me-up. Hoping that now that surgery is over, we can not indulge so much. Also my walking and grocery shopping is all messed up... still trying to adjust to one less person to feed (my son went away to college at the end of August).

00 2018DSD.png

12. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

14. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Bart likes to stay thin ... this way no one is tempted by thick juicy frog legs for dinner!

[​IMG]

16. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

18. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

19. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

It's a little over mid-month and I am just finally able to breathe and check in here. I am doing so good right now health and exercise-wise. I joined the gym last month as I had mentioned. Since September 10th, I have lost 13 lbs and I have no idea how many inches but I have went back down 1 pants size and am able to wear my smaller bras from when I had lost weight during the height of my sickness. My only beverage is water.. SHOCKING I KNOW! And since I have been drinking only it, I have realize how freaking disgusting everything else is. The other night I stole a sip of my hubby's Dr Pepper and it was all I had not to spit it out. I can not believe how gross it is. It literally tastes like poison and chemicals. *shudder* I am eating low carb (can't go no-carb because of my insulin) and high protein. It's wonderful and I feel so amazing. Currently, as some of you who are friends with me on FB know, or who follow me on Instagram know, I wake up at 3:45 and run 4-5 miles every morning at the gym before I return home to wake my kids for school, and I have PiYo class 4 nights a week and on Saturday, a hip-hop dance class 2 nights a week and Saturday, and a P90X class 2 night a week. My only day off is Sunday. I usually get anywhere from 18K-22K+ steps on my Fitbit daily and I no longer have to bolus extra insulin for meals other than lunch occasionally. I have went from using 220+ units of insulin every 3 days to about 85 units every 3 days. My whole lifestyle has gone through so many adjustments and changes but I feel amazing and I think I look amazing and I don't know that I have ever been more happy with myself or life in general. I am so happy I finally got myself in the right mindset.

Good luck and love to all of you!! xx

Here is a before (August 2018) and after (October 2018) I made. I can't wait to do this again in a few months!! amber2MONTHBEFOREANDAFTER.jpg

20. QuiltyMom

AMAZING!!! Going down on your insulin shows just how hard you've worked. It isn't easy, but look at the rewards. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

southernmother likes this.