Whatcha Up to This Weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 13, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The first weekend after big celebrations always feels so quiet. Is it quiet for you? Or do you have awesome plans?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been recuperating from oral surgery since Wednesday. So most of my time has been on the couch napping. Been up for about an hour and getting tired so back to the couch in a few!

bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Our town is recovering from storm effects, so pretty much every local event was scratched, and most businesses have been closed since wednesday. (thankfully more minor damage and inconveniences than real destruction in our community) soooo....i have made more scrapbook pages in the past week then i have in the past 2 years!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're going to get out all of my Halloween decorations. I'm about a week behind but it's going to happen this weekend. My DD and I are going out to the garage to get the boxes out right now.

bestcee likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We had yesterday off work/school because of some pretty significant flooding there. It's right on a river and there's lots of creeks and streams. So, I cleaned house yesterday and today I am trying to work on nothing but PL. I am so far behind and want to get caught up before heading in to DYD and all that. Fingers crossed I will be up to date by the end of the weekend. Plus I'm relaxing some. We've had several busy weekends in a row and next weekend is my daughter's baby shower. I did some shopping for that this evening. Our temps dropped like a rock, from 80's last weekend to 40's this weekend and I really don't want to move much. I'm a tightwad that doesn't want to turn on that freaking expensive baseboard heat just yet.

bestcee likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I took the kids to mums for a visit over the wknd, it's now the night before back to school & trying to get back to routine after a 2 week break

bestcee likes this.
  7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

The whole week has seemed quiet. :giggle

We don't have a whole lot going on the weekend. Today will be my typical laundry day. That's always fun. :td

bestcee likes this.
  8. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I've been doing pit crew for my DD's marching band. We had a game Friday night and a contest last night. It got sooo cold here, so I'm a little sad there are still two more weeks of it. Maybe it'll warm up some. . .hopefully. And, we are off to a family reunion in a few hours.

bestcee likes this.
  9. HappyMamacita

HappyMamacita Well-Known Member

I took my ten year old pumpkin picking, yesterday. I brought one of my nice cameras. I’m looking forward to editing them and digiscraping the memories. Some of the actions I used before I had cc aren’t compatible anymore, so I’ll try to teach myself some other techniques.

My daughter was out of school, because of hurricane Michael. So we have a long weekend...which is nice.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yesterday Maureen @cookingmylife and Jenn @jk703 and I got together. In the morning we chatted, then we went out to lunch, and then we went back to my house and chatted some more lol! My DD asked if we scrapped at all and told her we didn't have time to get out our laptops. We were too busy talking! :giggle

HeatherB, bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I worked yesterday morning and then hubs and I went on a mini road trip about 2 hours north of our home to look at the changing leaves (they aren't too colorful this year).
    I'm starting to make handmade cards after quitting doing it many moons ago (I still do not like the mess and the clean up!) but I made 2 more this morning and this afternoon we're going to the pumpkin patch with our son, DIL and grandbabies. It is chilly, but there will be a lot of photo ops! :-)

bestcee likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Family is in town right now. They evacuated Panama City after going through the hurricane in a hotel . . . after the storm was over, the hotel was condemned. Their stories are just awful, and the photos, ugh, it's just so disheartening.

So Friday night we had dinner with them. Last night we went to my MIL's for dinner with Jay's side of the family.

Today I am just relaxing. Hoping to get my fall decorations out.

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Pretty much nothing. Just being lazy this weekend

bestcee likes this.
  14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

With kids busy with sports- we always have busy weekends! Friday- we go out to dinner with the inlaws every friday & my daughter had a friend stay overnight. Saturday morning was our son's LAST flag football game- so that was fun (and thankfully we are done with the 2 sports overlap- he only has hockey now!) One of our good friends from college got married last night- so we attended their super fun wedding. This am we had breakfast with some family members that are in town visiting. This afternoon we are having a early dinner with my cousin who just moved from Texas to a town only 40 mins away! My husband has hockey tonight (aka my scrappy time!) and then the weekend is over! ;)

Next weekend actually looks fairly open... I think we need to do some fall yard work- blow out sprinklers, trim up plants, clean up pine needles, etc. BUT- NO sports! :D

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We had family visit on Saturday so I spent most of the week up until then cleaning. And not just cleaning, but get down on your knees and scrub marks off the wall type of cleaning. That's why I've been absent around here, but now I'm back to scrap, chat and leave love in the gallery! Yay!

DH & I did take the time on Friday night to go visit the Viking Ship Draken that has been in DC all week. It was amazing to see, and even more amazing that they sailed the North Atlantic in the thing! I haven't uploaded my photos yet, but here's the website: https://www.drakenhh.com/

bestcee likes this.
  16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Lots of chatting and eating, lol! I had a blast!

So, Saturday was for friends and catching up. Sunday was for soccer and errands! :)

bestcee, QuiltyMom and Tree City like this.
  17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch Friday night but it was rainy & cold so we went to Target & Chik-fil-a instead. I had a meeting at work all morning Saturday while DH took the kids to their last soccer games of the season. I went grocery shopping & did chores in the afternoon. We had church today, and then I took a nap! DH took the kids to the park while I made dinner, and we're about to head off to bed soon.

The kids have Fall Break this week & I took off work, too, so we have lots of fun plans for next weekend!

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

I feel you! We went from 100 degrees September 30 to 80 degrees to 65 degrees today! It feels way colder than that after the 100+ summer.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. bestcee

I'm so glad they could find solace in your town with you. I hope they get the support needed to recover.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I volunteered at a 5k race that my work sponsors in the morning and Saturday and then on Sunday I sang with the choir at choir, but the rest of the weekend was spent scrapping with a friend and it was great! :) If we didn't do these weekends a few times in the spring and fall, I'd never get caught up!