Have you ever........

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Cherylndesigns, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Created a layout for a challenge, posted it and then just didn't like it? If so, what have you done?

I'm not sure I've ever started a thread or not, but this is on my mind.

Dalis likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Cheryl, @Cherylndesigns , Yes I have had that happen.. you can always redo if you wish or change a few things out of it or just let it go and work on something else. Funny some of the pages I have made and have not really liked, someone else has said how much they loved it or it gets a Froggy Fav or a GSO and I am "gobsmacked" as I wasn't so happy with it. As artists (that is what I call us scrappers) we are bound to have pages that we are not crazy about. I would just let it go Cheryl.. don't stress over it .. Hugs :) I am sure your page is beautiful and you are just being over critical of yourself. :)

3. Cherylndesigns

You made me giggle, Christa. The same thing has happened to me. I know I'm over critical on myself! I know I can change the thumbnail, but the big image (when you click on LO) never seems to change.

cfile likes this.
  4. cfile

It will after a bit..if there are no comments you can always delete and reload a new one :)

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I never get that far, lol! Usually, if I don't like it, I know it as I'm working. Then, I scrap it (lol!) I literally start over. There are pages I'm not 100% - pry 80% liking it, but like them or the story they share, so I keep those.

This happens and it's so funny to me.... I'm like "Whaaaaaa???"

RebeccaH and cfile like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Good idea!

cfile likes this.
  7. cfile

LOL Jenn!

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yes. The first time it happened was at a different store for a challenge where I had to use a specific template and kit. I disliked the kit colors and the template. So after the challenge I completely redid the page for inclusion in my album.

Similarly, I have redone 2 MOC pages before including them in an album. One I even "cheated" on - MOC required one photo and I had a whole bunch I wanted to include on the page. So I used a FDD template with lots of photo spots - hid them all but one - hid all the cluster suggestions, etc. - until I had the "clean and simple" look. After MOC, I un-hid everything and made the page with all the photos.

But in general, I'm in the "done is better than perfect" category and I move on.

9. Cherylndesigns

Lol Jenn. I knew I didn't like it but there was specific criteria and it just wasn't my style in any way. Normally, I know when I don't like something and I just start over. I struggled with this one from the start. I shouldn't have even done the challenge.

jk703 likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Yep, it's when I have to use certain things that I just don't like.

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I've done it several times. Sometimes I fix and re-upload the LO. Other times I just remake it for myself and don't post it. I try to always do challenges because it stretches my mind even if I don't like something about it.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

That's true, Sandy. I was just wondering if I was the only one. :)

13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I'm with BevG -- done is done. Having said that sometimes that layout will be one I will never print and sometimes I will pull it up later and change it to suit what I want for printing. I think I got that advice from some smart soul here at TLP. I also remind myself that I am scrapping for myself -- for my own personal pleasure, for printing albums of our lives and sometimes just to do a challenge in order to get the coupon (let's get honest here). All those reasons are okay. Don't stress -- ever painting was not a masterpiece even for the greatest artists! But each can be a learning experience and help us define and redefine our own style.

bestcee, Cherylndesigns and BevG like this.
  14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

This is definitely my motto when scrapping. Sometimes I scrap photos for a certain challenge thinking, "this is just for the challenge, I do it differently for my actual album".... nope! Done wins every time! :giggle

RebeccaH and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Great advice, Patsy. I don't print every LO either. :)

16. Cherylndesigns

I love that "done is done". Thanks for your thoughts.

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I rarely will re-open a page after it's "done". I do re-scrap the picture. UNLESS, the page is DRIVING ME BANANAS then, I totally re-open the page, HIDE ALL THE LAYERS and start activating one layer at a time to see what I like and what NEEDS TO GO... like NOW!!!! That helps me see what it's working and what it's not. Does that make sense?

18. Cherylndesigns

This particular page was "driving me bananas" - you made me laugh out loud. I totally felt like that - it needs to go!! I didn't feel it the whole time I was working on it. It's been totally changed by now. Hahaha

Dalis likes this.
  19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

To answer your original question, Cheryl: YES, like others have said, I have gone back and changed a page. This isn't school: it's not cheating to "fix" a page and then swap it out in your gallery. There isn't a time limit for posting. (Well, there is for MOC, but that's a different issue). :giggle

And that brings me to @BevG, or rather to your comment. I've changed pages, esp when a challenge (or a speed scrap) requires a certain number of photos or papers. Speed scraps tend to get me, maybe cuz the time restraint forces me to follow the rules vs make the page "balanced" to me. ETA: I should mention that I don't edit my page here in the gallery cuz I want to make sure people knew I followed the rules. Once I did upload my edited LO because I wanted to show the difference between the two pages. (It was a "one color only" challenge. I can't find it here now, but maybe y'all remember that one? I wanted to show what my page looked like in color as well as in b/w.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Dalis and Cherylndesigns like this.
  20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Are you happy with it now?

Cherylndesigns likes this.