December 2018 Book Club - The Last Time I Lied

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yippee! The votes are in and we have our last batch of books to read together for 2018! :clap

Like I've been doing the last couple of times, I am posting the next few months (September-December) all at once, so we can all get these books on hold at our libraries in time. :) The book we will be reading for December 2018 is The Last Time I Lied. Please label spoilers or even type them in white like I just did right here(highlight that blank space) so that a person has to highlight it to read it.

[​IMG]

MrsEm and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

This looked like a really good book, I'm excited we will all be reading it together!!

Karen likes this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Only number 63 for this!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:shakehead :sorry

bellbird likes this.
  5. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Active Member

Wow I have this on my stash, maybe I could start reading it now.

bellbird likes this.
  6. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Thank you @Karen for putting this list together!

Karen and bellbird like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Wow lots of people use your library!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't have the Sept., Oct., or Nov. books but my library just sent me an email saying this one is ready for me to pick up. I guess I'll be reading out of order. :)

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Just finished this book! And I'm feeling a little stressed out, it was so intense! Here's my review on Goodreads:

Oh my gosh! The surprising plot twists continue to the very end! What a gripping well-woven story!!! Just the right amount of everything. I have no complaints.

edited to add: Okay, one minor complaint. Though the ending is perfect, I want to know more about how she pulled it off. (I'm being vague about which "she" so as not to give any spoilers, but when you finish reading the book I think you'll know which one I mean.) I realize that would be a separate story.

One more thing, that isn't super important so I didn't write it in my review, but did you think it realistic how much time she spent underwater? She's certainly a more capable swimmer than I am! :eek:

I hope others get to read this soon. Bummed my turn came up in the Hold list at my library 2 months early. :)

Has anyone read Riley Sager's other book, Final Girls? I don't usually bother to put books on my Want To Read list at Goodreads, but I did this time, because judging from Last Time I Lied, Riley is a master storyteller. What a ride!

MrsEm likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think this one is going to have to have a bit of time before I read another one of young people...xyzing. I need a couple more lighter books in the months ahead! Maybe in the winter where I can snuggle in front of the fire and handle it.

11. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I just finished this book today within a few hours. I couldn't put it down. I had to read it first because I'm still waiting for the Nov book and I only had for a short time (borrowed from another library so it has to be returned tomorrow). My hold request was completed quicker than expected.

Karen likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I got this book late last week & am 1/4 of the way thru (haven't looked at anyone's comments yet) but it is already tons better than the last book I 'self picked'& struggled thru for a month - Yay for book club & thanks to whoever suggested this!

13. djp332

Just delivered to my inbox this morning. I need to finish reading November's book quickly! Either that or turn my Kindle to airplane mode.

14. djp332

Done!
    >>>> I kept thinking I had this book all figured out. And then I didn't. So many twists and turns. You think the killer is one brother and then it's the other. Or is it? Then I thought the first 3 girls were stuck where they other girls were found. Wrong again. I'm still not so sure how she pulled it off and survived. <<<.

MrsEm and bellbird like this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i finished this a few days ago but keep forgetting to leave my comments here:
    well didn't that last chapter - epilogue or whatever it's called - turn things around? i thought we were going to just see emma's life was back on track and whether she was with theo but well, what an ending; i kept going between hating and feeling sorry for vivian but i didnt know what to feel at the end

MrsEm likes this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I finished this book last night- like literally read in bed until 12am! I could not stop reading- so there's that at least! Spoilers here: I loved all the twisty turnies! I like the ending- although I would LOVE a sequel that is told from Vivian's voice! I saw on goodreads the author's interview & he said not likely for a sequel. I want to know how she managed to pull it off too! [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  17. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Good stuff!! Oooh the Twisties until the very very end were so good. The only complaint I had was that I REALLY didn't like Emma. I can't quite put my finger on why, she just irritated me.

I read Final Girls (I think I suggested this book because of it? I can't even remember lol) and it was VERY good. Like actually even a lot better than this one. It gave me the heebie jeebies big time and was similarly twisty.

bellbird and michelepixels like this.