***WINNER ANNOUNCED*** Technique Challenge #2 - Hybrid Recipe Card - DSD 2018

Discussion in 'DSD 2018 Party Pad!' started by Tree City, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hello scrappers! DSD is here, and that means we have a weekend jam-packed with fun, including challenges! I am so excited to host the Hybrid Technique Challenge! It’s a Hybrid challenge but if you’re usually a digital scrapper you can still participate. It’s easy! Your challenge is to create a 4x6 Recipe Card for a TLP recipe swap. DSD is the perfect opportunity to swap recipes with our fellow scrappers! The “hybrid” part of the challenge is simple: "create a recipe card that's printable" fulfills the requirement. The challenge is only during DSD weekend, which may make it hard to print and really create a hybrid project, but if you want to add glitter, some ribbon, or any other fun physical/paper scrapping items you prefer, please do! But if you’re like me and consider printing to be Hybrid, then you’re in luck!

And we have a WINNER! @SheriScraps you won a $5 coupon to TLP! Congrats!
    It was awesome to see everyone's recipe card. I will PM all of you the link to the recipe folder. Thank you so much for joining in the DSD fun!

Challenge criteria:
    Make a 4x6in recipe card that includes a recipe you can share with others. Note: If you’re creating your own card without a template, you can account for bleed by keeping text 1/2 inch from the edge of your card. That should prevent it from getting cut off during the printing process. PLEASE USE 100% TLP PRODUCT for the digital items. I know that's different than a normal challenge, but it's to ensure that we can swap recipe cards with each other (keep reading for more info).

Now before you head off to create, here’s a quick Photoshop tip to get your ingredients’ fractions to look like an actual fraction. [Note: I use PS CC.] This technique has many uses, but it’s perfect for our recipe cards! I like how the text's fractions look similar to how I write fractions. The image explains it, but I’ll also say it here…
    Highlight the single number you want to change. In my example, it’s the “8” in “1/8 tsp nutmeg.” When I highlight it, a little box appears. I chose the subscript “8,” which makes the “8” appear smaller and lower. (Note: I had already made the “1” superscript so it was smaller and higher up, and I changed the “/” as well, which I explain in the image.) This technique works with any font that has those extra glyphs. I hope this helps you while making your recipe card, or when creating future pages. While this is the technique portion of the challenge, I understand that your program may not have this ability. Please try your best. You can also open Word and write your fraction in there; then you can use the Font panel to change your numbers, and then copy/paste the fraction into your program. While this is the technique portion of the challenge, I understand that many people use programs other than Photoshop: please do not let this “make a fraction look nice” portion of the challenge worry you. Just do what you can. I’m much more excited to see your finished card!
    HOWtoDSD.jpg

HOWtoDSDpanel.jpg
    Here’s a recipe I made as an example:
    1Web-DSD_Recipe.jpg
    I used
    4x6 Recipe Card Templates 6 by Scrapping with Liz
    Project Mouse (Boardwalk): Word Art by Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs,
    Nourish Elements and Papers by Becca Bonneville
    Mermaid Dreams Papers by Elif Sahin Designs
    Nosh by One Little Bird

There are quite a few recipe card templates in the store besides the set I used. Here are a few examples (search “recipe card” for even more options):
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And of course the store has many wonderful food-themed products. Here is a sampler (I couldn't resist):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rules:

The digital items on your card must be 100% TLP product. That way we can share them.
    Upload your page to the gallery. Show off your page in this thread using the “Share BB Code” provided.
    And so we can swap our recipes, please upload your full-size card, made completely with TLP product and saved as a JPG.

Once the challenge is over, I will not only announce the winner in this thread but also give you the link to download the recipe cards to create your own TLP cookbook!
    This game closes on Tuesday, October 9th at 11am ET. A winner will be picked at random and will receive a $5 coupon to the Lilypad!

I can't wait to see your recipe cards ... and I can't wait to try them all out!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    umyesh likes this.
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Here's my card. Sara, @Tree City, I can't figure out how to add it to the Dropbox link. Can you let me know how, please?
    [​IMG]

Tree City likes this.
  3. Tree City

Sorry about the issue; can you try it again when you have a chance? The link should work now. Your recipe looks so yummy...even Bart wants a taste!
    [​IMG]

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I kissed the frog!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love this challenge Sara and that you're collecting all the recipes! I totally want to make your grandma's applesauce this weekend too. Just looking at the picture made my mouth water! And I bet it makes the house smell fantastic while it's cooking too!

Tree City likes this.
  6. Tree City

Aw, thanks, Karen! :) It's a simple recipe but it is so very yummy...and yes, the whole house smells good when it's cooking!

Karen likes this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Thanks, Sara. My recipe is uploaded now.

Tree City likes this.
  8. Tree City

Oh, good! I should have tried to upload my own recipe card to see if it worked before this went live. Now I know for next time. :)

9. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Here is mine! I got a green check mark saying done when I uploaded...hope it worked!
    [​IMG]

Tree City likes this.
  10. Tree City

Yup, I just checked and it's there. And I love your recipe! Another yummy addition to the TLP Cookbook!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm hoping to try this challenge. Anybody want a killer peanut butter fudge recipe? LOL

wvsandy and Tree City like this.
  12. Tree City

[​IMG]

13. Cherylndesigns

:lol:lol:lol

Now if I can just git 'er done.

Tree City likes this.
  14. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Ummmm….YES!!!

Tree City likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

It's my mom's famous recipe. It's so good that she used to make tons of it and the Band Boosters' Club sold it as a money maker! My SIL was the head coach and people actually lined up to buy Mom's fudge.

michele hillam likes this.
  16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

17. Cherylndesigns

Here's my recipe. I hope I did it right. It was fun, I had never done a digi recipe card before. Now, to upload it to dropbox.

[​IMG]

Tree City likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

[​IMG]

This is quick and easy. My kids always want these at Christmas or any time. :)

Tree City likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Sara, I just uploaded my recipe to you. @Tree City

Everybody's recipes look amazing!!

Tree City likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Bart is going to have to hop out quickly before he gains 20 pounds and is stuck here!

[​IMG]