Software to scrap with?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Sep 15, 2018.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So what software do you scrap with?

If you have Photoshop CC....do you recommend it?

amien1 likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

If you can afford CC, yes! If not, PSE is excellent and continually adds features with every release. I upgraded to PS CC in 2016 only because I read something about Lightroom going to the cloud and I wanted that. So I get the photographer bundle -- just PS and LR -- for $10/month. I've been enjoying some features of PS that I couldn't do in PSE, but the difference isn't huge for me, just scrapping for myself and not usually doing fancy stuff.

I haven't used any other scrapping software in over a decade, so I can't speak to that, but from what I've read over the years, I think PSE or PS are the best. :)

cfile and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

Thanks. I'm using CS6 right now. So I love Photoshop. But I'd love having the upgrades that everyone gets. So I was looking into just the photography bundle for $10 a month. Do you think there was a big learning curve coming from PSE to CC??

cfile likes this.
  4. michelepixels

I didn't have any trouble with it. I had to google to figure a couple things out, but I was creating pages right away.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I agree that there are a few things that took me a second to figure out- I went from PSE11 to CC. BUT what I love most about CC is customizing it for myself! And I think I posted on your FB, but there's usually a coupon for 1st timers for like $1 off the first year. Its a great deal for $10 a month but a steal for less! :D

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've used PSE for years and now use 2018. I think I'll start getting CC. I'm getting to the point that I'd like to do some more things that aren't very easy on PSE. (@cfile )

cfile, bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  7. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I use the photographer's bundle as well for $10/month. But I started out using GIMP for several years as my primary scrapping program. GIMP is free but it does take a learning curve as there isn't much tutorials related to scrapping. I ended up switching to PS/LR because I got into photography.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just recently switched to PSE 2018 from Artisan, but may go to PS CC in the next year -- or the next time I get a new laptop. I have Lightroom 5 on here and re-installing it on a new laptop is probably going to be a problem, so I will probably jump in then.

9. LoveItScrapIt

Thanks everyone. I jumped in an got the $10/month plan, and paid for the whole year so I don't have to worry about it. I've never used Lightroom, so I'm looking forward to that and learning more about the cool editing it has for my photos.

Yay for CC. Can't wait to test it out!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I went from CS6 to CC and love it. It was an easy transition :)
    Enjoy!!!

11. LoveItScrapIt

Awesomeness!!!! Thanks

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love CC. I went from PSE to CC. It wasn't too bad. Mostly just little things like a shortcut being a group instead of clip that threw me off in the beginning.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm biased, but I love how Cheryl explained Lightroom in this series here on TLP: Workflow to Wow.
    Since she's a digi scrapper, I feel like there are great beginning videos from that standpoint.

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

:) Cheryl you can do it :)

Cherylndesigns and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  15. cfile

Kiana.. here is the videos of Cheryl's @gonewiththewind for Lightroom I was telling you about. I think they will help you get started with Lightroom. I know there is a newer version of LR since Cheryl did these tutorials, but they are still very inormative and will help you alot :) https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/lightroom-from-workflow-to-wow-videos.44963/

16. cfile

You will have no learning curve issues Kiana if you have been using CS6 prior.. it is easier to add brushes oh and CC has a free brushes that and such with the CC 2018 that I recommend you grab by Kyle T. Webster on the adobe site:
    https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html?promoid=XKMMHH6G&mv=other

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    LoveItScrapIt and michelepixels like this.
  17. michelepixels

Wow! Thanks for the tip Christa! I had no idea those existed . . . all free?!!!

cfile likes this.
  18. cfile

Yes the only work with PS CC 2018 and above. Enjoy them Michele!!! @michelepixels

michelepixels and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  19. LoveItScrapIt

I love FREE stuff. ROFL

Can I ask, using CC, does it always use your internet data, even if you aren't backing up to the cloud? And can you turn cloud back up off??

20. LoveItScrapIt

cfile likes this.