Lilypad Letters Swap {Sept 2018} | Partner Assignments!!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Sep 1, 2018.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay! Partner assignments for the Lilypad Letters swap for September!

Nom, Nom, Nom (food)
    @BevG and @Rikki
    @michele hillam and @KatrinaHunt13
    @jenn mccabe and @Becca Bonneville

Hometown/Local town/Where I live

@Karen and @Cherylndesigns
    @Kat and @BevG
    @EHStudios and @Tanyia
    @michele hillam and @Danyale
    @jenn mccabe and @Carol K.
    @Sokee and @Justagirl

Inspirational Quotes
    @Nemla and @EHStudios
    @ArmyGrl and @Tanyia

Please remember: send a full trading card sized/9 pocket page protector with each pocket filled (& include a letter) to your partner. See my Pinterest Board for ideas regarding what to send. The original post with full details is HERE.

Some helpful hints/tips to get started:
    1. PM your partner to get your swap going. Please do this right away at the beginning of the month. From there you can exchange emails or continue to exchange info via the PM/Conversation feature through the Lilypad site.
    2. Only share your personal info/address via PM/email.
    3. Follow your assigned theme.
    4. Regardless of what theme you signed up for, you can ask a few basic questions to find out what your partner likes. For example: flavors they like or don’t like or favorite colors. Anything they are obsessed with. It’s up to you. But sometimes this helps if you are sending little things like tea, etc.
    5. Be mindful of how much bulk/stuff you add. You can stuff to your heart’s content, but the bulk will add to the cost of shipping. Perhaps you and your partner can discuss if you prefer to “stuff” or go lighter/thinner?
    6. You have until the end of the month to get your letter in the mail to your partner. It does not have to arrive by the end of the month, it just should be mailed by the last day of the month.
    7. Please remember to take a photo before you send your letter out, but wait until you hear back from your partner (that they received it) to post the photo so you don’t spoil their Happy Mail surprise!
    8. Remember to use at least 75% TLP if using digi supplies.
    9. When you receive your letter, PM/email your partner to confirm you received it.
    10. Share what you made for SEPTEMBER here in this thread (and in the gallery) so we can oooh and ahhhh over your creations!
    Have FUN!!!! :)

***Please feel free to suggest a few theme ideas for October's swap here in this thread!
    We'll vote on themes mid month and then sign ups for Oct's swap will come near the end of Sept. See the timeline post here.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    EHStudios, Karen and Danyale like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yay! Thanks for all of your hard work in organizing this, Jenn! I'm looking forward to this!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Karen likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Our state fair is in October, so I know we just did hometown, but what about home state? Or maybe county/state fair, fall festival, etc.? Or something you enjoy doing in the fall, i.e. football games, hayrides, hiking, etc.

Carol K. likes this.
  4. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

I'm suggesting no-brainer October themes, but I really would like to do them.
    "Trick or Treat" and my second was Comfort Food, but we had food last month, so I'm putting
    "Sweater, Hoodie and Plaid" out there.

5. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

6. jenn mccabe

before I forget:

These were suggested last month but I can only fit 10 theme suggestions per vote/poll. As promised, we will add these themes to Oct's vote.

'People that Inspire Us’
    ‘My Favourite Colour’
    ‘My Bucket List'

7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Please let @Tanyia pair up with @ArmyGrl if she'd like for her 2nd one if she's okay with inspirational quotes. I don't think I'll be able to do two this month as I originally thought. @jenn mccabe my apologies for any extra stress caused in changing the partners.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. Tanyia

Tanyia Active Member

Fall is my fave season so I suggest that

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thanks for doing this @jenn mccabe . Suggestion for next month : man's best friend...as in dog LoL.

Tanyia likes this.
  10. Tanyia

Tanyia Active Member

@ArmyGrl and @EHStudios I sent you both PMs :) So looking forward to this swap again this month!

EHStudios and ArmyGrl like this.
  11. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

These are my theme suggestions for October:
    Favorite Fall/Halloween Tradition
    Festivals/Fairs is a great one and dogs/fur friends is also a good one,.

12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I got the PM....looking forward to your creation!

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yippee! Looking forward to this! :)

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

For those doing Nom Nom --- look a food truck is on sale for SOSN!
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe, Karen and Rikki like this.
  15. jenn mccabe

it's so cute. reminds me of my college days! :)

16. jenn mccabe

FYI : All your suggestions have been added to the new Oct poll ... you can go ahead and vote for your top 3.

Rikki likes this.
  17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I don't want any of my partners to think I've forgotten them! Letters will be in the mail this week to head in all directions!! :D

18. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I received my AMAZING pocket letter from Cheryl @Cherylndesigns last week and forgot to come here and show it off. She did such an amazing job and added so many fabulous extras in my package! I absolutely LOVED opening in! I was on my way out of town and didn’t even have time to open it when I pulled it out of the mailbox. I had to grab it and run out the door to my sons soccer game, so I opened it in my car at halftime. Lol. So the pictures are from in my car. If you have better ones Cheryl, be sure to post them!! Here’s a collage I put together:

9E1A6E02-4492-4ADB-A306-722D45104CE1.jpeg

Also Cheryl... I haven’t forgotten about you, I just don’t know what I was thinking about doing this in September. Lol. I have soccer every single day absolutely three in TWO out of town trips. I will finish your letter this week. I promise!

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so happy that my pocket letter arrived and that you liked it, Karen! These pictures look great - mine don't look any better. I had fun creating it for you and sending you a little bit of Florida.