Saving pages with Actions

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by gwany1999, Aug 15, 2018.

1. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

I've been using actions to save my photos to the correct size. What do you use? I've found that recently they are not ask crisp as I would like them. Any advice?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just use an action that I made myself and it's REALLY basic... just sets the resolution to 72 dpi and the size to 600x600 pixels. I don't do any sharpening or fixing after that. Maybe I should? I guess I just know that it's never going to look as good as the full sized one to print, so I don't want to mess with it. Lol!

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@gwany1999 Jenn, this is what I use and it basically does the same as @Karen said but also has a sharpening component at the end. I use PS CC 2018 and have no issue and I have been using Paislee (Liz') action for years now .. it makes size 600x600 you just need to change resolution to 72dpi
    [​IMG]

Cheryl @gonewiththewind of Fiddle Dee Dee Designs also has a resizing action here:
    [​IMG]

Both of these actions are free. :)

Karen, gwany1999 and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have one from years ago that adds a pop and sharpens my layouts when saving... I couldn't live without my actions. I would also suggest the ones that Christa posted! So useful, and easy!

cfile likes this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'd bet that we have the same action. I've been using mine for years and feel the same way as you do. Another favorite action of mine is a freebie from Persnickety Prints that cuts a double-page layout in half.

cfile likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've been using the Paislee Press one lately.

And I'm so addicted, I created an action that saves a print size, and then runs the action, and assigned it to F2. LOL! (Photoshop option, not Elements)

Have you changed your monitor lately? The new 4K and retina (or something) Mac ones can make your web stuff look less sharp.

cfile likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yes! Mine is set to F5! Great minds think alike! :)

bestcee likes this.