Meteors | Pad Patter 8.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Aug 12, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Anyone watching the Perseid Meteor Shower this weekend?? I try watch them every year and did manage to get a photo of one a couple of years ago. It's supposed to be cloudy and rainy here today, but I'm hoping that it clears by tonight. If I have time today I might try to set up the camera and tripod again. I try to catch the Geminid Meteor Shower every year as well, but it's in December and it's cold lol. I love stargazing :)

2. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

We usually do. We camped last year and saw an amazing show!!! I just think it's magical.

It was pretty hazy here last night and we were at a town festival, so I did not see any last night. We don't have a view from our house at all. I'm half tempted to go to my parents house and take the boys up for the night. They have a great view- especially from the hot tub!

Cherylndesigns and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

Oh wow! I want to watch from a hot tub!! Sounds fun :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Yesterday, the smoke finally cleared so I thought we'd get to see the meteor shower last night but then clouds blew in. Today the smoke is back, so hoping it will clear by tonight and we can finally get to watch the show!

5. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

I watched it last night with family. So many awesome ones! Supposed to be even better tonight! I love watching these things.

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

well, bad news. hot tub is broken, mom has to work an overnight shift, and dad is out of town. Currently I'm trying to sweet talk my hubby into pulling the camper somewhere dark. I'm not getting very far, lol.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, it's been raining all day and there's no sign of it letting up. If any of you watch them, enjoy them for me!

8. IntenseMagic

I totally forgot to look last night! I love them, too!!

Awww bummer on both counts!!

Raining here again now :( It's been on and off all day. It's supposed to start clearing out some around 9 or 10 *fingers crossed**

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm hoping to watch tonight! We have a pretty good view from our house (out of the city a bit) & while it has been pretty smokey from fires- it's actually pretty clear today so hopefully we'll see some!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

I sat outside for a little while and tried to get some photos. It did clear up tonight and I got some good star shots, but don't think I actually captured any meteors this time. I would stay out there a little longer, but I have to get up early early in the morning.