Catch me up!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Alright all you Wonderful, beautiful people that I love so very much! Catch me up. How are you doing? I mean really?

What are your current goals?

What have you accomplished from that goal list before today (I mean really, if one of your goals is getting dressed every day and eating some sort of food, THAT IS A GOAL and COUNTS!)

Any big trips/purchases in the works that you want to talk about?

Is there anything *I* can do to help you with your world, a silly photo, a virtual hug, a listening ear?

Come.. sit with me and let's forget the world for a moment and laugh. I will share a funny..

This last week and a half has been over taxing, stressful and quite frankly I've been in tears a LOT.. waaaaay too much. So my middle daughter in the middle of all this comes to sit next to me in my room when I'm having some well needed down time and goes:

"What is it I can do to make your life/situation better?"

Now.. this is MY line and my routine so it made me giggle a little inside, I was still too weary to actually let it bubble out. So I talk to her a bit, oblige her like I'm sure the kids do for me all the time. I vent a little, praise a little and then am just too overwrought to talk much more and I don't want to break down in tears in front of my little girl. I do my best not to cry in front of them. She immediately tenses because she sees I hit this wall and awkwardly goes:

"BUT YOU'RE REALLY HOT!!"

I just.. blink. And we sit there awkwardly blinking and I finally start giggling a little going "What in the world?!"

And she's all "I don't know! Isn't that what women like to be told and it makes them feel better?!" And her cute flusteredness just makes me laugh even more and we end up laughing so much we have to try and breathe. And I hugged her and she left.. but it put things into perspective again.

So. What can I do to make your life/situation better?

Take this:

[​IMG] And fill me in!

LoveItScrapIt, cfile and jesskab like this.
  2. Serena

I'll go to be fair.

My world is not alright right now. But, I'll get through this like I always do. Being at the LilyPad makes things better.

I DID get some cleaning accomplished today. A load of laundry and some straightening.. this place severely needed it and needs a LOT more too.

My goals are to get some hours in to work, I have not had any and my paychecks reflect that.

On to why, I'm planning a big trip to Korea in March of next year. It was supposed to be October of this year, but.. things happen. I don't care as long as I get there.

The good news is that we might have help with the family, I don't have any family that lives up here so we're on our own family wise and that means for everything as far as trips and time off go.

The good news in all this and that my friends utilized my "Switzerland Psychiatry." aspect. Something I haven't used in awhile. I managed to untangle and diffuse a huge problem and make things better for them. That made me feel like a valuable person again, which in the middle of what I'm dealing with, is a huge boost!

Other goals include FINALLY playing Overwatch with my teenager and her friends.. she's been trying to get me to do this for almost a year now.. finally going to starting tonight. I need the break. Now to hope I don't embarrass her! Heh.

I'm also looking to scrap a lot soon too, I need to get caught up in the challenges!

Another question to ask you guys.. how are you liking the new designers? What I got to peek at finally looks AMAZING! What is your favorite thing of the new releases lately? New and old designers? I'm looking forward to playing with [​IMG]

from LBW.. and there's quite a few kits in there I really want to play with too! But I love the sentiment "You are more than enough." because it's particularly fitting for this week. :D

Fill me in!

LoveItScrapIt and jesskab like this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Serena- I feel you on everything that you wrote. I really hope this next week turns around for you. I am sorry that your trip got postponed. Sometimes things like that make me the saddest because I just need to get away and pretend other stuff isn't real.

We had a friend in town this week and I did a lot of venting and she did a lot of listening. And last night I crawled into bed at 7:30pm and didn't get back out for over twelve hours and it was amazing. I am one of the world's worst sleepers so this is amazing and also usually unheard of.

My husband found out recently he has three herniated discs in his back which has put him pretty much down for the count. He has been amazing nonetheless. It's looking like he will definitely need back surgery and we're aiming for mid-October to make that happen. He starts back injections next week and I am praying those help more than they think they will.

My littlest sister made some extremely poor choices last year and on Monday we'll finally know her punishment and the repercussions from them. Part of me is incredibly scared and worried but part of me is just ready to be able to move on somewhat, regardless of what happens.

That's the biggest stuff outside of here. On a happy note, being a guest Polly is truly amazing and helps me to break away from some of the chaos that is currently enveloping parts of my life. That and watching all the wildlife in our backyard. My daughter and I literally stood at the window for an hour the other day just watching the bunnies and chipmunks and birds.

Serena and jesskab like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@Serena and @GlazeFamily3 Big hugs to you both!! I hope that you are able to find some peace from your struggles soon. Life is just hard. It's so nice to have a place like the Pad where you can come and know you're safe to talk and share.

I'm feeling blessed right now as the struggles are giving me a break for a bit! My oldest son is in El Paso, TX right now doing Army training for a possible deployment at the end of the year, but I'm hoping it doesn't happen. They have had deployments scheduled in the past that didn't actually happen, so... That's about the only thing going on right now for me, other than I don't wanna go back to work in a week :giggle. Can you stop school from starting, Serena?? I haven't done half of what I intended to do this summer LOL.

Serena and jesskab like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Serena likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

So much has happened in the past while but I'm keeping my head above water just. I'm waiting to hear back from the job I interviewed twoish weeks ago and have just submitted two more applications today. Hoping to get into some scrapping this week (it was the plan last week but I got hurt so spent the time recovering - I tripped over and ended up with some pretty major bruising and grazes on my knee, foot and side of chest near bra band)

Serena likes this.
  7. Serena

@GlazeFamily3 It will! My nickname has been Mouse since I was 2 1/2, but my other nickname is RubberMouse.. because I bounce back from everything... eventually. Heh.

It's REALLY nice to vent and talk things out.. I had some immense help talking things out this weekend so that was much needed. It's amazing because I'm usually so personally introverted, not because I think no one is worthy, exactly the opposite, I was told no one needed to be burdened with my crap when they have their own. I wasn't worth their time. So I'm trying to break out of that.

I have NOT been getting enough sleep, my health has deteriorated because of it and I cannot afford that. I'm glad to hear you got some!! People don't put enough emphasis on how deadly stress can be, it's not an "illness" when it should be viewed as one.

I hope your husband is able to get what he needs. Please be patient as the back injections (cortisone? no, that's not right.. but whatever it is they put in there..) will make him hurt worse for the first 24-72 hours.. he may be more cranky than usual. My dad went through them and he was one of the happy go luckiest person you ever met.. not his fault, pain changes you. Hopefully he'll lean towards the shorter time.. he WILL feel better after that adjustment time.

Sending you lots of love and support for you during your sisters ordeal. I hope that all come out on top.

Will we get to see your wildlife in your pages? I reallllly need to get caught up in the gallery again.

8. Serena

@IntenseMagic Return hugs, my dear Jan! I love that this is my haven.

I hope he doesn't get deployed or if he does that it's a quick, easy thing.

I'm going to work on my "Delay School Dance." Looks a lot like my "Rain Dance" which is just wiggle around until something happens and then take credit... let me know if it works. ;)

9. Serena

@Cherylndesigns Yay!!! I'm going to send peaceful vibes your way hoping that it says well!! I'm grateful that you are doing good. :)

10. Serena

@littlekiwi I hope you find out about that job, it's not really fair they said 'by the beginning' and then still haven't contacted you. Maybe it's for the best.. you don't want to be at a place that's constantly going to be dropping the ball.

I hope your body heals fast too!!! Sending healing vibes your way!

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Serena I agree, sleep is so important to our physical and mental health and I know that when I dont get enough sleep like I am now my health and overall wellbeing and productivity goes way down. Its hard enough living with long term iron deficiency without adding insomnia and sleep deprevation to the list too

Serena likes this.
  12. Serena

I got to play Overwatch with my daughter and her friend, was lots of fun. I didn't do amazingly, but I didn't do bad either! So going to bed on a good note.

Good morning to those waking up, good night to those on my time zone. I hope your days/nights are AMAZING!

13. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Good luck with that! I played (after being pestered for months) Minecraft with my son and will never live that down. I couldn't even walk through a door! And that short moment will be with me forever as it is being brought up at EVERY opportunity, lol.

Serena likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

I do that same dance!! But I must not wiggle something right, because it seldom works lol

I used to play Minecraft fairly often, but only in peacefully and basically just built houses, decorated, and landscaped them lol

Serena likes this.
  15. Serena

@Rikki I used to play World of Warcraft and PvP'd quite often so Haeley (the teenager) would come in and watch and she's quoted that experience and learning and watching for her getting into Overwatch when her friend said there was a free weekend. So she knew I could play somewhat, at least that sort of style. I've just not been playing it for years.. so my skills are quite rusty..

They did also try and get me to play Minecraft which I failed miserably. And didn't take too seriously so it's MY fault that they make fun of me. lol. At least you tried!! That is the main important part!!

@IntenseMagic You'll appreciate this working in a school. One of our teachers when Haeley was tiny (because they're on the autism scale so I dealt with a LOT of the workers there.) was an avid gardener (might still be, I said was.. hmm) anyway.. she told me Haeley had said I do a "rain dance" because I love it so much and that it works.

So she jokingly told me her planters were dying and I needed to do my part, so Haeley and I that night did a rain dance together just to be funny. It rained for two days after.. I never lived it down. Flash forward to a couple years later where my son was in school and I happened to see the same teacher. She asked me to do a rain dance again and we laughed. I had a meeting with them in a couple of days, but I had to take Jace out to a doctors appointment so I met her then.

At the actual meeting, she giggles at me and tells me my rain dance isn't working any longer, I told her that it consisted of me wiggling and hoping things work out, to which my son pipes up with "oh, well you're old now, maybe TOO MANY things wiggle and you're not getting it right."

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

:giggle You are so funny! Things are going well here for the most part. Just a few household problems lately -- seems appliances get old too. The week after next, DS is off to college and high school starts for DD, so we hope to squeeze in some summer this week.

On the scrapping side of things, I finished another vacation album (only 2 vacations and 2018 behind now). I also finished my 2011 traditional album, which had been sitting idle for 6 years. We have an art room now and I am going to do traditional scrapping once a month at the very least; hope to do more. :nod

And I read an entire book Friday night. I keep forgetting how wonderful reading is... :hammock

17. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Oh yes, I know ALL about the free weekend. We got ir right afterwards for really cheap. But no way am I going to play Overwatch, lol. Have fun, you seem to a pro.

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'll take all the peaceful vibes I can get, Serena. :beat:beat:beat

19. IntenseMagic

:compcoffee:lmao
    Well, now I know what my problem is these days!!!
    What a great story, though!! Love it!!!