August Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Hey my
    LETS get FIT friends!!

I have been absent from the pad, but getting healthy!
    Forty pounds lost and running/walking 3 miles a day and swimming another mile 3-4x a week.

I am loving how I feel and want to encourage you.

My next goal is another 10 pounds (to get below the 200s), and to run outside! I am on a lovely treadmill at the present time, but want to get outside. The weather is about to get cooler, so this will work.

I also want to try cycling a bit. My knees are happy with the weight loss, so gonna try it out!

2. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

You can do it! :) You've already done so much!

I lost 55 lbs last year but thanks to depression, I gave up on my goals and totally stopped taking care of myself. I'm addressing the root of the problem and that has meant I can look at taking care of me again.

I gained half of it back, but I'm glad I didn't gain it all back. Right now my goals for the month are more steps, more water, and no certain pound goals, just to do better. :)

3. dagi

dagi Aiming high

you both did and do awesome ladies! kudos to you both ♥

after having kids, I have been carrying extra 12 kilos and I really don't feel well, I don't like the shape of me and I don't have enough energy..

I am going to take it slow now, because anytime I have some big goals, I give up very soon.. as Lena, for this month.. more steps, more water, minimum candy and I'll add a little workout.. I recently found some 7 minute working out videos I quite liked and 7 minutes I can do! :yup

LoveItScrapIt, Karen and Lena Gardner like this.
  4. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

I'm in!

My goals include: drinking all my water for the day, exercise/active time according to fitbit every day, and losing weight.

I hesitate to put a # on the losing part, because in the past when I have done that I feel like I failed if I didn't make my goal. It was easy to get discouraged, so I focused on my attitude, how I felt, what my body could do and realized that I was progressing, even if it wasn't on the scale. On the other hand, the weight HAS to go, lol!

After further discussion, for accountability purposes, this is what I will check in with to start.
    -Eat Keto (dirty or lazy is ok in a pinch!)
    -Move/Active/Yoga time 30+ minutes/day
    -4 bottles of water/day
    -Decreasing Scale Number (weekly)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    jenn mccabe and Lena Gardner like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You are doing SO well, Anne! I'm so happy to hear of your wonderful progress.

I had to quit speed walking because of my foot. I broke it a few years ago and all the walking I was doing really aggravated it. I had to stay completely off of it for awhile.

I wear my Apple watch all day and am walking at least 1 mile a day just around the house and more when I go out.

I have lost almost 10 pounds since we last talked about our progress and am trying to do my Callanetics (similar to Pilates) every day.

I drink LOTS of water and have cut WAY down on the Half n Half in my coffee (went from about 1/3 a cup to a splash and went from 3 packs of Sweet n Low to less than a pack (per cup of coffee). About a month ago, I found out that I was pre - pre diabetic so I've cut out all sweets.

Lena Gardner likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

I discovered heavy whipping cream with my coffee along with Torani sugar free syrup .
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I highly recommend low carb and even Keto for putting the pre-pre to the past.

LoveItScrapIt, Karen and Lena Gardner like this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

I so get that!
    I have to tell you, the water is so important, and moving is even more so!
    I refused to diet until I started moving. Funny thing is weight began to come up as I began to walk. Once I started my lifestyle of eating change (I did and still doing keto), the weight poured off!
    I will be cheering you on!!!

Karen and Lena Gardner like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

YES you can! 7 minutes is 7 minutes more than you were doing! Make the rest of your world respect that 7 minutes!! Claim it, and do it! That makes it more fun!

Lena Gardner and dagi like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

I so get this...part of the lifestyle change actually came from the paramedic who was taking my 11 year old son (for the 5th time) to a behavioral hospital due to his aggression.
    He said, if I didn't take care of me, he would be rolling me out into the ambulance soon.
    I had excuses, real ones, life was throwing me too many depressing curves, and I was reeling.

I went to the doctor, and he pushed even harder. I wanted to live and live healthy. I turn 55 this November, and I want to run after my grandkids (2 babies and another on the way). I have young kids, and want to hike with them.

Lena! We can do this! The hardest part is starting over! but you know you did it before, so you have it in you to do it again!!!

10. Cherylndesigns

I used to be so strict on low carb but I've slipped in the last few years. Is heavy whipping cream better than Half n Half? I also seem to be getting very sensitive to dairy. I've never tried heave whipping cream in my coffee.

Also, I've been thinking about trying Keto. Thanks for the tips.

Karen and Lena Gardner like this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

Heavy Whipping Cream
    Nutrition Facts
    Sat. Fat help 3.5g 17%
    Cholesterol help 21mg 7%
    Sodium 6mg < 1%
    Total Carbs. 0.4g < 1%

12. dagi

dagi Aiming high

as for the coffee, I drink mine black now.. I was really affraid of leaving milk out, but I love it even more :)

Lena Gardner and Cherylndesigns like this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

14. Cherylndesigns

Anne, thanks for the info and I'll look into getting that book.

Dagi @dagi I'm starting to really get used to it. I drank my coffee black for many years.

Lena Gardner and dagi like this.
  15. meggersjm

I probably should have added, stick to a low carb diet. I am doing a pretty sloppy keto, I'm doing good on carbs, but I need to kick all the additives and nasty stuff. Just when you think something is safe...

LoveItScrapIt and Lena Gardner like this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

that should be the name of my diet sloppy keto!
    I became a bit addicted to keto....
    and as I exercised more my window of eating became smaller also.

LoveItScrapIt and Lena Gardner like this.
  17. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Hi friends, can I play? I was JUST thinking about this yesterday.

I have 3 young kids, chronic neurological issues, and I'm really bad about carving out time for me. I don't need to lose weight but I don't feel well at all. I'm always so tired and achey and blah. :(

I want to do 10 yoga practices in the month of August. 30 minutes or less every third day isn't really asking that much.

Karen, dagi and Lena Gardner like this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

yes!!! and in real life, one of my besties is a teeny tiny thing, and she just had a baby and is back to pre baby size. But she wants to be healthy...and moving is the key!! She is my partner in exercise!

I will love to hear each day you finish! POP in and say I did it! and the addiction and motivation will be a plus for us all!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  19. meggersjm

sounds like we are all in a similar boat!

I need to get back to my yoga too.

I was doing so good with all of this, but I fell off the wagon and have been drug behind it for the past 8 months! ouch.

Lena Gardner likes this.
  20. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

how funny, keto is how I lost the 55 lbs. I have always been doing a lax keto though....I eat roughly 30 carbs a day but honestly some days I eat a little more, closer to 40 or even 50 carbs. I don't track or journal (it's not for me), but I do make sure that I'm never putting anything in my mouth more than 5 carbs. The highest carb things I eat are a dark chocolate piece every day for 3 carbs and cottage cheese at 5 carbs. I eat both of those every day and lots of veggies and plenty of meat...maybe some berries here or there. I just know the standard american diet recommends 300 carbs and most overweight people eat way more than that. So if I eat 40 or 50 carbs one day, I know it won't break me. Quitting altogether is what broke me. :)

LoveItScrapIt and jenn mccabe like this.