August Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'August 2018 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jul 30, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

As you may already know, we are this month remembering Dawn, in a loving tribute to this awesome woman, artist , wife, mother, friend.... she was part of my life as are many of you, especially since she came to The Lilypad and we started talking a lot more often again.
    We know how much she valued family, how important it was to her...
    But you didn't need to talk to her to know this...in her amazing pages and in her amazing creations, it is all present.
    So this month we will be writing about Family.
    What does Family means to you?
    My family is huge, I couldn't fit photos of all of us in a page, so I went for the core of my family and my journaling is about what all "my families" mean to me, as sometimes we are closer to some friends than blood relatives..we are blessed :heartlub
    The image is linked for crediting and reading the journaling - Just click on it and will take you there :)

[​IMG]

You can choose any style, you don't need a photo (but can have them if you wish) You can use Dawn's product if you wish but this is not a requirement.
    The only requirement will be
    . a minimum of 5 sentences of journaling telling us What Family Means to You

. transcribe your journaling in the page description with you credits.
    If English isn't your first language, you can click HERE for Goggle Translate
    We all know the translation may be not the best but at least I will have an idea :)

. Follow the Monthly Challenge Rules:

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the August Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Thank you for playing with us!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sounds like a wonderful challenge, Cynthia. Dawn did love her family.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

sounds to be a great challenge, and I will try to write all my sentences in english ;-)

wvsandy and MrsPeel like this.
  4. MrsPeel

indeed... can't wait to see your page, shine as usual!!!!
    @Cherylndesigns

Ma petite, je peux t'aider se tu veux (voulez? mdr no idea) mais ton Anglais c'est magnifique!!! @Ga_L

Cherylndesigns, cfile and Ga_L like this.
  5. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Ma petite, je peux t'aider se tu veux (voulez? mdr no idea) mais ton Anglais c'est magnifique!!! @Ga_L[/QUOTE]

thank you my dear Cynthia @MrsPeel :yippee I love when you write to me in french :yourock
    and for your information, "si tu veux" ou "si vous voulez" of course you must tell me TU not vous. in english there is no difference between the TU and the VOUS lol it's easier :lol

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

LOVE you!!!!!! we also have the same difference in both Portuguese & Spanish .... my French is so very rusty, but love it because you girls help me with it!!!!! can't wait to see your page!!!!!! @Ga_L

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Family is everything! Okay... I'll come up with more than that for the challenge... but, seriously! Thanks for the challenge... looking forward it! xx

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

9. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

My page
    [​IMG]

edit: I just overlooked the 5 sentences... I still love it like this, cause these few words tell the whole story. If I can find time (and courage) I'll try to make another page

cfile, carrie1977 and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Perfect challenge to make my page for niece #7!

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

12. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

It was about time I scrapped Mother's Day. Thanks for the push!

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm not thrilled with these pictures, but really wanted to scrap them. These are friends, who are like family, who are some of the first "kids" that our DD Steph started hanging out with in 1998, when we first moved to Florida. They're not kids anymore, but we had a reunion recently and we had the best time. We were in a dark bar, at night, so not great pictures.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

If it was a challenge hosted by anyone else, I'd be like "yeah, this is the challenge I'm skipping this month". Since you are the host @MrsPeel , I really wanted to make a page.
    Unfortunately, it made me dug deeper than I first expected.
    My journaling is in Greek, because it ended up being too personal; I'll pm you a translation (with many grammar mistakes, of course!).
    And here are the phrases in English in case you can't read them (I love this font: it's messy like me and my handwriting) : always puzzled - stuck in permanent adolescence - love & conflict - "Because I Said SO!" - But mom, everyone is wearing them...
    Disclaimer: My page may seem a bit negative, but I'm not THAT broken, and my parents weren't monsters; it's just that I've always been overdramatic, and they've always been overcontrolling, and I still feel like a teenager, even though I'll turn 40 very soon.

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl likes this.
  17. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

19. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Great Challenge!...I Love Doing Challenges That Are About Family..My Family Means Everything To Me & I Certainly Am Glad & Grateful To Have Them All In My Life...There Were/Are Times In My Life When I Need Them More Than I Should But They Are Always There For Me...So Much That It Shocks Even Me...At Some Of The Worst Times In My Life They Were The Only Thing Keeping Me Going...xoxo...#Familylove...

*For My Family Means:All Layout-I Used*

*Live For Today-Bundle-Dawn Inskip
    *Pearfect:Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
    *Newsworthy:Mixed Media Collages-Rachel Jefferies
    *Farm Fresh-Pink Reptile Designs

[​IMG]