What a week!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Genniejoy, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

You girls are just the friendliest lot ever! :) I love your chatter but I can't chatter and scrap and live this crazy busy life all at once as much as I'd like! I decided after I found you and the other online communities in January (after digi scrapping for many years) to stick to two and do the challenges each month so that I am at least scrapbooking and I have a monthly deadline and a reward! Both awesome for me. I have since 4 pm today (it's now 1 am) scrapped 6 of the 7 July challenges, I did one last weekend. All the photos I scrapped were all taken in the last 8 days! They start at my fav once yearly scrapping retreat where I spent the entire weekend just sorting, upzipping and putting in a 'find-able place' all the digi kits I've bought this year! (Good grief I've got to stop doing that! I've zillions already!) I didn't even finish sorting them all!

On Monday my eldest son finally started a new great job (yah) and then on Wednesday I was recalled for a 'routine' mammogram which didn't turn out to be routine after all. I had 3 biopsies and have to wait a week to see if they are benign...or not.

Thursday I pretended Wednesday hadn't existed and went on the planned snow trip which was just what I needed! I had so much fun! I don't know how you all live with that stuff but I had fun playing for one day! Built my very first snowman at 54 yrs old! LOL :D Also tobogganed for the first time ever! Such fun! :)

Then yesterday I went to the funeral of a good 89 yr old friend, then work, then my volunteer job, then work again and then doctors, etc. Today I hit a wall. What a week. Visited a friend who has cancer, strangely enough that's the only person I wanted to see. Bought myself a 'cheering up ice cream cone' on the way home (had to pass the new ice cream shop and I hadn't tried it yet!) :) Then went to bed and have spent the last 9 hours straight scrapbooking! It's the most pages I've ever done in that time!

So that was my week! All scrapbooked! Thanks for reading/listening. I don't often comment, not much time left but I love reading and looking at all your amazing layouts. Have a great weekend!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

What a week! Sending good vibes your way as you move forward with the unknown and am glad to hear that you're making time right now to do the things that bring you joy (ice cream, building your 1st snowman and scrapbooking!). Hugs to you.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ah, love your snow page!! I love snow, grew up in the frozen Midwest, but I don't love it enough to live there. We are in the South now, where snow is a treat and not a daily chore.

You did have a crazy busy week. My biggest oops for the week happened on Weds. I was doing good until sometime that afternoon, when I got it into my head that it was Tuesday. So I was sitting at home, scrapping, when I got a text asking why I was not at my usual Wednesday night meeting. Oops...

Genniejoy likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

That certainly is some week. Hugs to you for the mammo news/biopsies. I hope things turn out ok with that. The waiting for answers is hard. Besides the busy, it sounds like you filled some of your week with lots of wonderful new things to try and enjoy - including the time spent scrapping. Big congrats to your son!

And no worries on how much you do chat/don't chat. We are just happy you call this place a digi home!

5. dagi

dagi Aiming high

what a week indeed @Genniejoy! yay for the ice cream and SO MANY layouts scrapped! that's amazing :)

6. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Hugs to you while waiting on those tests! Waiting is hard!

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love your description of your first time playing with snow! I hope you get boring results and a more rest next week. Yay for all the scrapping!

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Wow, you've had quite the week, filled with lots of ups and downs. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the news from your doctor and that you get good news.

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@Genniejoy - I'm also sending good vibes your way as you wait for your biopsies to come back. Love and hugs.

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Genniejoy Some peeps chat a lot and others don't . . . you choose what level fits you best. Myself, I go through phases of chatting more and less.

I said a prayer for you about your biopsies and the results.

So excited that you were able to scrap so much! Woo-Hoo!

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@Genniejoy
    W0W quite the week for you! Sending prayers up that your results come back fine. Been there done that.
    Glad you are able to get in alot of scrappy time!!!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That is certainly one heck of a week!! I'm sending thoughts and prayers that your test results come back just fine!
    And we just love having you here :)

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That sounds like a rough week and you managed to turn it around. You should be very proud of yourself! Good Luck on Monday~

14. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Sending lots of positive thoughts for a positive test outcome! I was tired after reading everything you have done this week, but its great to see you so happy and full of life!! yay for playing in the snow :gotcha (don't think I will ever get to do that, living Downunder! but you just never know I guess!) and for getting yourself an ice cream! :happydance2it's nice to treat yourself!! :beat

Genniejoy likes this.
  15. Tanyia

Tanyia Active Member

What a week indeed. I have spent the past couple of days doing not much! lol I have 8 or 9 days before school starts again and I am soaking up all my laziness now! Good luck with your tests results, prayers and all the good vibes are sent your way.

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sending you thoughts and prayers after your busy and harrowing week. I will keep positive thoughts re the biopsies that it is all benign. Prayers, prayers and more prayers. So sorry about your friend and I am glad you got to get away and enjoy a little bit of your week. Yay for scrapping.. Scrapping is great for therapy and shutting out stuff. Sending hugs across the miles.

17. Genniejoy

I live in Melbourne (Down Under), where are you? I've been to the snow once before, went skiing with a previous boyfriend at Falls Creek 32 years ago! We just went to Lake Mountain this week which is only 3 hours drive away. We left at 7:30 am and got home at 7:30 pm. Tassie has great snow as do some mountains in NSW. :) If I can do it at 54, you can too! :D

wombat146 likes this.
  18. Genniejoy

Thanks ladies, you're the best! Love your love and comments! :)

19. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

I have only moved to Tassie last March from northern NSW. It has already been snowing down here and when we finally get settled I would love to go and find some! Talking 'the other half' into doing that will take some doing though! LOL! :)

20. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

My goodness you have had such a busy week!! Congrats to your son and his job :) And way to go on your scrapping!!

Please keep us posted about your biopsy results :grouphug

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend that passed away and what a fantastic support you are to your other friend who is having difficult health :beat

Your snow day sounds amazing and yay for ice cream:hi5