July Random Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2018 Challenges' started by Justagirl, Jun 26, 2018.

1. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i am trying to figure out how do you do this? i tried watching the video on the pinterest page but cant seem to follow it i have photoshop cc 2018 and never use the bevel . does it work better on some colors...mine is dark and trying to do with word art. any one have pointers or tuts on this

2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

it worked when i just used shapes. it didnt seem to be as noticeable when i used word art. here is mine

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  3. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Fun challenge

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  5. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

6. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

7. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Putting some inside drop shadows , if you can would simulate the cut out effect....

8. easyeyes4you

In Photoshop you can use your eraser as a brush

9. easyeyes4you

I think there are a lot of ways to do cut outs... I just played and here is what I did.. page not finished will post tomorrow... I selected a photo and placed a piece of wordart over it.. could be anything including shapes or brushes, I selected (marching ants) the wordart, then moved to the photo layer and hit delete... this cut the words out of the photo... saved this as a png file to retain the empty background. Then I put it on my page with paper behind and I selected drop shadow and adjusted as needed... Hope this helps some of the ones who are struggling.. took me a few tries to get it to work... you have to make sure which layer you are on and be sure to save as png or the hole will fill with white... has been a LONG time since I have done this... when I first learned, I had fun making my titles on a dark page and putting something light under it... cool effect!

Justagirl likes this.
  10. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

11. easyeyes4you

The 2nd image is what I was working on last night when I posted how I was doing it in this thread, post #69 ... I did another page today and will post both.. Very different, have had an interesting time playing.... The Birthday one is the official one for the challenge....

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    wvsandy and Justagirl like this.
  12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

13. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

I've been wanting to use these cut-out files from Liz. After looking at the other pages here, tho, I want to do some more experimenting with this technique! Great challenge!
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Just Wanted To Say A Big Thank You! For Taking The Time To Help Me Out With This Information & For Taking The Time To Message Me...I Really Appreciated This!...Thanks So Much!...With Your Help I Finally Finished My Layout For This Challenge!...Bravo!...:cheer

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Was A Very Interesting & Different Challenge For Me Not Having Photoshop But With Some Help & Advice I Made It Work...It Really Is A Nice Way To Make A Layout Look Cool & Have A Different Kind Of Pop!...

I Also Took A Different Approach To Finishing My Layout...It Started Out A Different Way In My Mind But Creativity Just Took Over & This Is What I Came Up With...It Is Summertime After All & That Could Mean Time To Travel & Get Your Fun & Party Time On...Well...I Was For Some Reason Channeling Paris & The Eiffel Tower Here...So We Have Our Wonderfully Pretty,Witty & Worldly Young Girl Excited To Look Awesome & Be Pretty In Paris & Have A Wonderful Time...The Layout Is Also About Not Being Afraid To Be Yourself & To Go Ahead & "Spread Some Color"
    AKA..."Paint The World" With Your Own Version Of Beautiful!...Go On & Celebrate You!...

*For My Be You Layout-I Used*

*Textual Transfers No.4-Lynn Grieveson
    *Summer Solstice-Rebecca McMeen
    *This And That-Sabrina's Creations
    *O Sole Mio/Puppy Love-Both Kits By Pink Reptile Designs
    *Snapshots-Tangie Baxter
    *Wink-Allison Pennington
    *Full O' Blarney-Etc By Danyale
    *Spring Day/Life Is An Adventure/Grade School-All Kits By Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]

Justagirl, appellief and MrsPeel like this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

try using an inner shadow effects on what ever you are doing Bobbie Jo... Something like this... hope it helps :)
    upload_2018-7-16_10-22-20.png

PS once you make the style save and name it and then you can use it when ever on shapes on fonts etc.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Justagirl likes this.
  17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I used cutouts in a bunch of ways. I played around a lot with shadows & blending. It's a little crazy, but I like it.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  18. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I love the results, awesome challenge, thank you
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I took a SOSN sale template and used @bellbird 's idea to change the shadows to make them look like cut outs.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl and bellbird like this.