Email notification of gallery comments?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by DigiGrace, Jun 26, 2018.

1. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

How do I receive email notification of comments made in the gallery for my layouts?

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

3. DigiGrace

Thank you for your response.
    I have all the boxes checked in Preferences and Alert Preferences and I have not been receiving email notifications of gallery comments. I do have many Alerts.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmm...The only way I know to get email notifications is
    1. Watch a thread or gallery or forum. Then you can select email notifications.
    or
    2. Automatically watch, and get email notifications which you can do in your preferences. But that will send anything you comment on in the gallery too!
    Email.PNG
    You could individually watch your layouts, and choose email. That might be the easiest?
    layout.PNG

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Great question @DigiGrace I've never been able to figure out how to get email notifications on my own layouts either. :giggle I'm going to try to remember to "Watch Media" on my layouts now and see if it works. :) It used to just automatically email you the comments on your layouts, but then we had a huge upgrade on the forum here a few years ago and that changed. I didn't really care too much because all the upgrades were so awesome! :agree

6. DigiGrace

Courtney, thank you for your response and screenshots.
    I couldn't find the Watch Media on my gallery layout.

I unchecked the boxes to automatically watch and receive email notifications in Preferences.

I don't need to receive email notification of gallery comments.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think this forum system is so good at notifying us, we don't need email notifications. I've gotten so irregular about checking my email I'd see the forum notification before email notifications anyway. I just log in at TLP most mornings (and often another time or two later in the day) and look in the upper right corner and see notification of any watched thread action, gallery comments, or tags directed at me.

jenn mccabe and londoncuppa like this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@bestcee So the answer to seeing an alert that there's a comment on a layout is to do that black box form for each layout? That's easy!

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

No problem! Here's another screenshot for you. After you upload your layout, you can see it in your gallery.
    Watch Media.PNG

Once you click on the watch media, you should see the black box:
    Black Box.PNG

Let me know if you need more help.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. bestcee

If you want an email, yes.
    If you just want an alert in your notification panel here at The Lilypad, you can use the black box, or even easier. OPen your Alert Preferences:

Alert Preferences.PNG
    Then, scroll down to Gallery. I like to be notified of likes as well as comments, so I checked both. Okay, really I just left the whole thing checked. LOL! The "Mentions you" is nice when you comment on someone else's layouts.: Alerts comments.PNG

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks so much Courtney! Certainly is simple when you know the website tricks!

12. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I still don't get emails when I individually watch my own layouts. I have both alerts and emails checked--I get an alert but never an email.

13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Send me a conversation with your email address. It's possible your ISP may not be delivering them. I can check on it for you.

14. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

Do the alerts expire after a time? I don't get to the forums often and when I come back to them I'll have a high number as the little pink alert number, but then no alerts on my alert page when I click through. Is there any way to access old alerts?

15. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Violet, it looks like Alerts only stay around for a few days, I just checked mine (Friday 28th) and I can only see those back to last Monday 24th. To find them take a look at the screenshot below. (Right click on your user name at the top of the forum, then click Alerts.

Alerts.JPG

Perhaps @lmccandless Laura may be able to give you a more definitive answer. :)