We are moved!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Jan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

It has been such a long two and a half months with all our packing and then moving. I'm so glad to be in our new home. We were 8 days on the road with the big truck full of our stuff plus a trailer we had to pull with the car. Stopped for four days for our family reunion which was half way to our new home. Got to see all of our children and their families. Such a joy! Then on the road again to finish our moving trip. We arrived in our new hometown on June 24th and got to start moving into our new home on the 25th. Have been unpacking and making it ours all week. There is a lot of work to be done on it to fix it up. Repairs and such. But we'll get it done in time.

We are totally loving this new home. It's like we are camping in the middle of the woods only we have our house with us. The river is a couple blocks away. And we have peacock visitors in our yard every day. Deer come to visit, too. One was right outside my kitchen window a few days ago. Such a beautiful creature. And there are wildflowers growing everywhere!!

I am so loving having my Honey retired finally. We have no time schedules to meet except on Sunday for Church. It has been fun to just drop what we are doing to go do something fun with our kids and grandkids. And I love the slow pace of living up here. No sirens, no malls, no noise except for nature. The peace of this place is incredible. And it's just so beautiful everywhere you look. I'm so grateful to have this time in my life. And I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking. Have tons of photos to use from the reunion and our move.

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome back Jan! You were busy indeed ... but it sounds like the end result is just what you needed. How lucky you are to get to retire in such a beautiful place surrounded by the things you love. Enjoy ... & looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!

Jan likes this.
  3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Sounds like a paradise, Jan. How wonderful for you!

Jan likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That sounds so lovely!! I am truly happy for you! What a wonderful place to be in, physically and mentally! Looking forward to your pages!!

Jan likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome back! That sounds lovely. I'm glad you are finally a retired couple!

Jan likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

That sounds wonderful!! I look forward to see pictures of your new place and your new yard visitors!

Jan likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Jan! Your new home sounds like a wonderful place, indeed. And peacocks? What magnificent creatures they are. Enjoy your new home and your new life.

Jan likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Good to hear you are getting settled into your new location and home. But peacocks? does someone own them? I was shocked to see them fly up onto roofs one time!

Jan likes this.
  9. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

:byayI'm so happy for you!! I am in the same boat so I am feeling ya. It's a lot of work. But at least your new area feels like home already!
    I'm moving this weekend but will be renovating until well into October... :faint2
    At least the office is pretty much ready. I want to somewhat get back to scrapping. So I'm gonna set up my iMac and everything relatively soon after moving in.

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

WOW!!! just, Wow, and Congrats!!

11. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh gosh... life has been full of craziness for you, but also full of so many wonderful adventures. Enjoy that new home of yours! :-)

12. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh WOW, you've been busy, long-haul moves are something else!! Your new location sounds like heaven, and I'll bet you'll get all four seasons now LOL!

13. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Your home sounds wonderful! I would love to have peacocks in my yard! How fun! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

First off...Yea for being moved!
    Secondly, IMHO that is the only type of "camping" I could handle! :giggle But really, it sounds like a lovely location, and to have nature and beauty around you must be both relaxing and invigorating! And it's also great that you can be more open schedule-wise since your man is now retired. I bet your family is happy about it, too!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

16. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Yes, peacocks! One of the neighbors owns them. They are beautiful.
    Yes, we will get all four seasons and I'm super excited for that. But yesterday was 90 degrees here after a week that never got out of the 60's and 70's and had rain half the time. I thought we left the 90's back in Arizona!! Apparently not. But it doesn't feel like the hot 90's down there. At least they do feel cooler to us.
    We used to go camping a lot years ago. Loved it so much. But those days are over for us. Just can't do camping anymore.
    Oh, oh, oh....I don't envy you at all. Moving is a hard thing to do! And we are fixing up this little place, but it is a rental. So we are renters again after being homeowners for most of our married life. It's a little smaller than the condo we moved from and doesn't have a lot of good storage. The bathrooms are needing help. Our new landlord is super nice though and has given us permission to do up to $300 a month in changes for the first three or four months and take it off the rent. And on top of that he is buying things it needs also. So it will be a lot nicer when we get it all done. Need to power wash the outside of the house, etc. and things like that. But we'll get it whipped into shape in time. The weather is really hard on homes up here so this little place does look a little sad. Well....a LOT sad. But we are still loving it. A LOT!! The beauty and peacefulness surrounding this little place makes up for what the little house lacks.

Thanks, Everyone, for your comments and well wishes. We are truly at peace here, and are very happy. We have loved this area and wanted to move to it since we visited it back in the spring of 2012. So it truly is a dream come true for us.

Tree City likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Sooooo excited for you! It's sounds heavenly. Be sure to share pics, especially of those peacocks, when you can!

18. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

So great that you are back! So glad that you are enjoying your new home and new found freedom since your honey has retired!! Here's to this next awesome chapter of your life!

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sounds like you have your own little slice of heaven now! :)