Pocket Letters

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, May 23, 2018.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I know I am soooooo late to the game, but I recently discovered pocket letters and I am HOOKED. @Kat created an absolutely GORGEOUS Moana one for Britt (of Project Mouse) and it made me want to go for it and make them even more.

Are any of you into creating pocket letters?

londoncuppa and bbymks5 like this.
  2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I love the idea of pocket cards, just not sure I'd be able to pull them off LOL!

3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I dabbled with them a few years ago. Such fun!! Anyone interested in ATC would probably like pocket letters.

I’m completely up for doing trades. It would be nice to start a pocket program at The Pad.

Cherylndesigns and lmccandless like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

We did have one here a while back. I did a few and it was such fun. I'm in if anyone wants to trade! :)

lmccandless likes this.
  5. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I would love to trade! I am working on a few now- an Alice in Wonderland and a Little Mermaid- but I am up for any theme.

lmccandless likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I just saw this (I'm not getting alerts on the tags for some reasons)... here are the pages I did for Tangie's pocket card swap. Tangie hosts The Happy Place. I had originally signed up here at TLP. It's like art and mixed media and a ton of fun for Disney fans. We do a lot of watercolor painting which I didn't even know I loved and have art parties online where we all web cam chat and share art.
    Tangled by Kat.jpeg Stitch Pocket Page by Kat.jpg Moana by Kat.jpeg
    Click the images if you want to see the pages I've done so far. :) They were not easy but I love how they came out. They are mostly watercolor and hand drawn but I mixed bits from Disney kits including my favorites (like Project Mouse).

@GlazeFamily3 Desi... we were matched in the June swap but I just found out the other day. I sent you a PM on here. We can still swap for June if you want and July sign ups are going on.

8. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Holy smokes girl - those are amazing!!! Awesome!!!!!

Kat likes this.
  9. Kat

Thank you. Would you believe I don't know how to draw? lol. They might have been the hardest thing I have ever done but so much fun. My mom is a talented artist and my dad draws and paints watercolor.

JillW and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I believe, my dear, that YOU are a talented artist too!!! LOVE these so much!!!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Those are SO cool!! They look the size of an ATC, am I right?

Kat and jenn mccabe like this.
  12. jenn mccabe

They are! You'll have to keep an eye on the photos as they start to roll in and let us now if you think you want to play!

Kat likes this.
  13. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I think you have a bright future in drawing though! Seriously - they are super! Your "pen pal" is very lucky! :-)

Kat likes this.
  14. Kat

Yes, we make them to fit in a baseball card size pocket protector. It's like 2.5 x 3.5 I think.

15. Kat

Super sweet! Thank you!

16. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I just recently stumbled upon the Happy Place subscription. I was debating on if I should subscribe or not - You just made up my mind as a solid YES! Now to find some extra $ to sign up with.... lol

Kat likes this.
  17. Kat

I love it. I signed up in January and I didn't it at first, but I'm glad I stayed. The art parties are so fun. We get on zoom and can all see each other and talk and share art. But each month you get prompts which for me helps dive deeper into the parts of my experiences at Disney that I otherwise don't think about as often. They also share playlists monthly and art projects plus a "watch these movies" every month. So fun!

DisneyMom likes this.
  18. Kat

Oh and we have Britt too! Britt-ish Designs... she does Project Mouse with Krista that you can buy here. She is a very talented artist.

DisneyMom likes this.
  19. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Wow, Kat!!! I did some simple watercolors for Michelle's pack, but now I'm too embarrassed to send them...lol. They look like a kindergartener did them compared to yours. I think you've found your talent. Fabulous job!!

Kat likes this.
  20. Kat

You know the beauty of watercolors is that it's supposed be messy and imperfect so you probably nailed it. I have OCD so I'm trying to learn to be that way. Tangie has a watercolor class that I am doing that shows a lot of cool stuff. You Tube has also been my friend. I bought the Inktense pencils too and those are amazing. Grab them up. They work like colored pencils and you wet them to spread them like watercolor paint!

Cherylndesigns likes this.