Lilypad Letters Swap {June 2018} | Partner Assignments!!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Jun 10, 2018.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

It’s here! The moment you all have waiting for! Partner assignments for the Lilypad Letters swap for June!

I tried to pair based on the order of when you signed up, then by theme, and finally … took into account any preferences where I could (i.e. those of you requesting an Int’l partner).

@GlazeFamily3 (Any) & @Kat (Any)
    @londoncuppa (Any) & @DisneyMom (Any)
    @Becca Bonneville & @ArmyGrl (Girl Power)
    @jenn mccabe (Summer/Travel) & @Caps (Summer/Travel)
    @IntenseMagic (Any) & @londoncuppa (x2) (Any)
    @Nemla (Any) & @Mylinn
    @melidy (Summer/Travel) & @Rikki (Summer/Travel)
    @jang (Summer/Travel) & @DisneyMom (x2) (Summer/Travel)
    @KatrinaHunt13 & @AJK (Any)
    @dbregant (GirlPower) & @Sokee (GirlPower)

20 letters ... 10 pairs !!!

Some helpful hints/tips to get started:
    1. PM your partner. From there you can exchange emails or continue to exchange info via the PM/Conversation feature through the Lilypad site.
    2. Only share your personal info/address via PM/email.
    3. If you signed up for ANY THEME, decide if you & your partner will do the same theme or agree to surprise each other.
    4. Regardless of what theme you signed up for, you can ask a few basic questions to find out what your partner likes. For example: flavors they like or don’t like or favorite colors. Anything they are obsessed with. It’s up to you. But sometimes this helps if you sending little things like tea, etc.
    5. Be mindful of how much bulk/stuff you add. You can stuff to your heart’s content, but the bulk will add to the cost of shipping. Perhaps you and your partner can discuss if you prefer to “stuff” or go lighter/thinner?
    6. You have until the end of the month to get your letter in the mail to your partner.
    7. Please remember to take a photo before you send your letter out, but wait until you hear back from your partner (that they received it) to post the photo so you don’t spoil their Happy Mail surprise!
    8. Remember to use at least 75% TLP if using digi supplies.
    9. When you receive your letter, PM/email your partner to confirm you received it.
    10. Share what you made here in this thread (and in the gallery) so we can oooh and ahhhh over your creations!

Have fun and look for the {July 2018} Lilypad Letters signup thread as we get closer to the end of June! I would like to do a poll so you all can vote on what theme we should do for July. So feel free to throw out theme ideas below and then perhpas we can vote for the top 3.

**Note: Signups going forward will be a much shorter timeframe. I wanted to extend the signup period for this first swap to give everyone a chance to obtain their page pocket protectors and to allow as many to see this fun swap event this first go-around.
    Thank you for your patience!

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Woohoo...thanks for all your work on this, Jenn! You're the best! @jenn mccabe

My 3 suggestions for July are:
    • Coffee/Tea
    • Books/Reading
    • Christmas in July

Sokee and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Some suggestions for future themes:
    Pets
    Movies
    Travel

First time doing this so thanks for setting it up.

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  4. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Suggestions:
    Pets of course! LOL
    Christmas in July (@londoncuppa I like that idea!)
    Photography (think camera elements etc.)
    Flowers

AJK and londoncuppa like this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Movie(s)
    Hobbies
    Songs

6. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Movies/songs
    Travel
    Boredom busters (what to do when bored)
    Christmas in July - maybe a 12....err 9 days of July theme?
    Local town/ where I live kinda thing.
    Inspirational Quotes
    Humor- joke/laughter

(No pets here, allergies)

7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Is it going to be one theme that gets chosen after the vote or will there still be three (or two) themes to choose from? If it is one theme for all I would ask for nothing super specific like e.g. Disney.

8. jenn mccabe

I think it should be 3 themes so everyone has a choice. I'll take a list of suggestions here. Then I can post a poll and the top 3 choices would be the themes for July. I want you all to have a say in what we do! :)

Rikki likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

I'm taking photos of my pocket letter now ... it will be in the mail today or tomorrow. How's everyone else doing with theirs? I had so much fun making mine and can't wait to do it again in July! :)

10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I'm about to work on my now! Homework for the past two weeks proved to be more difficult than I anticipated. That or my brain is getting slow. Okay, my brain has always been a little slow :dizzy. But, I am happy to get started now. Woot woot!

Becca Bonneville and jenn mccabe like this.
  11. Rikki

Took photos and made it ready to ship. I actually was going to send it out today, but couldn't get a parking spot (don't ask!). But I will definitely ship by Thursday the latest.

This was so much fun. Thanks, @jenn mccabe for organizing this.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. DisneyMom

@jang Your letter's arrived today for the girls - They LOVED them. Took a bunch of photos and I'll scrap a layout of the pics soon. They will have your's ready to mail out on Fri evening or Saturday morning.

@londoncuppa I'll be mailing out yours at the same time :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@DisneyMom @IntenseMagic My lovely ladies, I’ll be a bit late in getting your letters to you. I’ve been traveling and am still out of state because of my grandson’s birth.

I’ll be back home this weekend and will get them finished and shipped as soon as I can. My sincere apologies for the unforeseen delay. He wasn’t supposed to come this early. <3

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

No worries at all, Margaret! I am totally running behind as well. It's been one thing coming up after another that I wasn't expecting :) We'll be a bit late together!

And how is the new grandson??

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. DisneyMom

16. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

@jenn mccabe I Pm'd you. I signed up but didn't get anyone to ship to. Did I get missed? I just stumbled across this thread and am reading it now.

17. jenn mccabe

This is adorable... and makes my Lilypad heart happy!

18. Rikki

Kat, Jenn is on a trip for a couple more days and might not see your post right away. Just letting you know that her answer might be a while.

jenn mccabe and Kat like this.
  19. Rikki

Ah @jenn mccabe Hey jenn, seems you are online, so my post above was probably premature, :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

I pm’d you back. Sorry you didn’t get an alert for your partner Kat and that you missed all the threads/chatter we’ve been having since. Hope you and Desi can work on yours this week and still play! And ... I really hope you’ll play again in July. You’ll have the entire month to make your letter. Hugs and a big giant SORRY to you! :bk