Lilypad Letters Swap {June} ... sign up here !!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, May 27, 2018.

1. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am so excited, too. Definitely doing a hybrid letter and have already started to work on it. Such fun! I can't wait for the swap to get going.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay Rikki! @Rikki Next time the signup will be much shorter. I just wanted to give more time for this first one since we are just starting it up again.

Bumping this ... just a few more days to get in on this fun summer event! We have 15 right now ... would be awesome to have an even 16!

Rikki likes this.
  3. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Sign me up for another match. I told my older 2 girls about this and they want to create one together for someone. They said Summer theme.

KatrinaHunt13 and jenn mccabe like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

I was going to ask if anyone was interested in doing 2. TY @DisneyMom

KatrinaHunt13 and DisneyMom like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

This sounds like fun, but unless there's another European taking part I will probably just enjoy looking at what you upload into the gallery. We can't buy stuff at 8.5 x 11 inches here, it's not a standard size for us. Our closest size is metric A4, the holes will be in a different place, and it's narrower and taller.

thanks for the Link @Rikki , I just signed up for Tangie's Class. I have a big folder full of blank pages in different arrangements for Pocket Scrapbooking that hasn't been used as hubby objects to the photos getting printed. So I was thinking about using it for my next "art journal".

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. jenn mccabe

We have a few Internationals participating (as we did in 2015 or 2016 when we last did this).
    @melidy is in the UK
    @DisneyMom
    @Rikki
    @Nemla
    @Mylinn
    I think you all are outside the US. Can you provide any links as to where to get these pocket letter holders? Or what you are doing?

7. jenn mccabe

@KarenB participated last year ... I swapped with you Karen and you are UK. Any hints on how to get these US sized pocket letter sized protectors?

8. Rikki

I am buying Ultra Pro Platinum on the German Amazon and you can also get them on amazon.co.uk.
    We also have A4 instead of 8.5x11 in general but the protectors are just the regular US size with holes for just about any binding system.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

The pokemon card holders are the same size, and Amazon UK have them too. The holes for the binder might be in a different place , but that is easy fixt by the recipient .

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

We have the standard US letter size here. $1 store

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

Thanks everyone! That helps! :) :beat

13. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I'm in the states. Willing to mail mine (will do digi but I wanna go hybrid really badly, paint is fun lol) and would be happy to get a digital letter in return (to save postage and cause I print my digi all the time).

14. Rikki

@Mylinn I found out that hybrid is REALLY fun. And using the protector pages and decorating cards and trying out how they look inside is even better. This gives a totally different feel to the whole project. I went to the $ store (well here it is the € store) and came back with some loot, :) Now I need more containers to store things. Great! The advantage of doing digi is gone, now I need HDs AND boxes, :)

15. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I love this and want to try :funfun I am up for any theme, but am drawn to travel theme! EDITED to say I've changed my theme preference to Girl Power / Women's Strength.

PS. I get a kick that the sample picture of the page protector are Magic the Gathering cards, my son has TRIED and TRIED to teach me and all I know is "Shiny" cards are special haha!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. jenn mccabe

Oops. I don't know why I thought you were outside the US Mylinn. Sorry about that!

Yes, this June round is sign ups for a physical page protector mailed to your partner. (maybe as we progress we can tweak this depending on what the group feels is best) I'm excited to hear you may be painting on yours!

17. jenn mccabe

Oh no Rikki! :giggleI was the same the last time I tried this (but I did have quite a stash of stuff already lying around ... still I shopped and acquired more stuff!)

18. jenn mccabe

You know more than me ... no idea what Magic the Gathering even is. So glad to have someone else requesting Girl Power! :agree

19. Rikki

Oh yes, I still have a few things from the days when I thought I'd try out paper but then never did. And from the days I thought I'd try out watercolour but then never did. And from the days I thought I'd try out stamping but then never did.... you're getting the picture, lol.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

Ha ha! I so know what you are saying I have a long list of things never started or just started. But this going to be fun... I hope everyone posts/shares what they make!