Brag Moment|Pad Patter 6.2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 2, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Overall, I'm not much of a person to celebrate my accomplishments loudly. I will cheer on others, and laud my family's accomplishments. But I tend to downplay mine. I've seen the same trend in a lot of people, and thought today we could celebrate something we did! So, share a little brag about yourself. It could be little, it could be big.

Mine is little. I drove down to the Las Vegas Strip with my sister, her baby, and my son. That may not sound big to you, but it's huge to me considering I don't like traffic, and try to avoid it as much as possible! And going down to the Strip guarantees traffic, and tourist traffic, and impatient taxis/Uber/Lyft. But I did it. And I didn't freak out once!

So, who's next? What are you proud you did this week? Or longer, but I hope you can think of something from this week!

KellyM, Juliestcyr, MrsPeel and 13 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Congrats Courtney. I can handle most traffic - most cities even - including Philly. But NYC - nope. I don't think I will ever drive there!

My brag moment is walking at least 6 out of 7 days right now. I had an 8 day in a row streak too but took yesterday off. It's a big thing for me because I've been so stuck in a rut for a long time. I'm waiting for the the sun to go down a little bit before I walk today, but I'm definitely going!

Juliestcyr, MrsPeel, bbymks5 and 7 others like this.
  3. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I absolutely hate hospitals! Last week a friend from church was in the hospital and another young man who I used to tutor were both in the hospital. I visited with both of them! As much as I hate hospitals, I did it!

Juliestcyr, MrsPeel, bbymks5 and 7 others like this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I know I mentioned chaperoning DS's field trip. But I didn't mention that I stuck around for the whole thing. I could have left with DS early and the weather was not good so it would have been nice to be indoors instead of outside in a wet, humid park. But DS was having so much fun so I stuck around. I don't like the outdoors (or, in all honesty, kids running around ROFL), but I did it and I'm proud of myself.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Juliestcyr, MrsPeel, bbymks5 and 6 others like this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Good job everyone!

I love this thread idea! I'm with you, Courtney, in that I'll happily brag about everyone other than myself, so I guess that means I really need to play along. :)

I'm going to brag about eating more greens this week. I never make eating veggies a priority so it doesn't usually happen, but this week I've had green smoothies and spinach salads. Progress!

Juliestcyr, bbymks5, bellbird and 5 others like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Can I brag in advance??? I am flying tomorrow. I am anxious about it - not sure why - probably because I have not flown since 2008 or so. We usually drive everywhere.

KarenW, Juliestcyr, bbymks5 and 7 others like this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The first thing that popped into my head, even before reading your answer Courtney, was my drive into D.C. on the 23rd. My daughter and I went to the Superfruit concert. I had to drive around a long time to find a parking spot, but finally did! I should really get brave about using the Metro though.

For something more recent, today I attended a little photographers’ workshop about Photoshop. Thanks to my digiscrapping experience, I was able to answer some questions other group members asked.

Juliestcyr, bbymks5, bellbird and 6 others like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love this thread!! You guys are awesome! Congrats on all your victories this week!
    Mine has to be that I got all my end of the year paperwork done...IEP's, progress reports, Student at a Glances for next year, grades, inventory...and all with a week of school to go!! Now all I have to do this week is clean up and pack up part of the classroom and the kids that show up can help with all that :) I don't think I've ever been done this early, but I am ready to put this year behind me!

Juliestcyr, bbymks5, bellbird and 4 others like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am proud to have got a job interview for next week.

I am proud to have listened to my body over the past week and not tried to be stubborn and push through on going to events while I was sick. It meant missing out on 3 events but at least I’m feeling better.

10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Wooo hooo ladies. You all rock!

My brag. I started walking 30 mins or more in May. I didn't get every day of the month done, but I got over half and have decided to keep going for June and try to do every day this month!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Way to go everybody!! We need all of the brag moments we can get.

Thursday was my grandson's first day of summer vacation. I took him to downtown Ft. Myers to the main library. Okay, Ft. Myers isn't like the Vegas strip or DC, but I haven't driven down there for a long time and the streets are very narrow and most only go one way. It's tricky to get around if you don't know where you're going. My navigator got us there, but it just stopped at our destination and I had no idea where to park. We got close, though. I was attempting to feed a parking meter when a lady walked out of an office building and told me how to get around to the library parking lot. We were about a block and a half away. We were laughing about getting "close". I did good for me. LOL

Afterward, we walked up into the historical district for a couple of hours. It was really hot and we were both dripping with sweat. Just before we headed back to the parking lot, I saw the black clouds rolling in. It started pouring before we got one block away and poured all the way home. Our timing was perfect.

Juliestcyr, bellbird, KarenB and 2 others like this.
  12. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I balanced the checkbook! And I only had three months worth to do instead of six or more!! I hate balancing it as it really makes me nervous. It shouldn't though as it always turns out okay. Anyway, it's a big thing when I get it all done. :)

Juliestcyr, bbymks5, bellbird and 4 others like this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have been taking the dog for walks most days. Yesterday I took her for a walk and saw my cousin was at her new house so we stopped in to say hi. She had a couple small things that I could do that wouldn't cause me too much back pain. I told her I'd finish walking the dog and be back.

So when I went back, I walked instead of driving. During my time there, I realized that I could use a few things I forgot in my bag so I walked home to get them. Then walked back and finished my work. She brought her blind dog back with her so I watched her dog while she and other friends moved stuff in. When all was done, I walked home again even though she offered to drop me off (she has to go right by my house).

So the 4 short walks to/from her house were equivalent to 1 of my longer walks with the dog. And, even though I love her dog Penny, it reinforced why I have a dog that weighs less than 10 pounds... 50-70 pound dogs are too much for me but I'm proud I did it for almost 2 hours!

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm with you! I established a daily walking habit in 2014 but last fall I stopped walking for about 6 weeks because of plantar fasciitis. Perhaps that was a good thing, allowing my foot heal. But this year I've had to push myself to get back into the habit again.

The thing that worked really well for me the first time around was creating my own hashtag #mdktryingtobedailywalk and instagramming a photo from my walk every day. That's not working so well as a motivator this time around because I'm a bit bored of photographing my neighborhood but I'm doing it a little again. Listening to podcasts is more of a motivator for me now.

Another thing I do is make scrapbook pages of my walks. That's kind of a delayed motivator the way I usually do it, like the layout I made for yesterday's MIS, just featuring a selection of my walk photos from the month. But in April I tried making an actual calendar of my walks to fill in on a daily basis. I forgot to do it though and ended up just completing it at the end of the month. You can see it here if you'd like.
    [​IMG]

:cheer

15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

What a super cool thing.

I used my Samsung health app and at the end of each session I posted it to IG and FB. To track my progress and I ended up motivating a few friends to join for the month.

bbymks5, KarenB and michelepixels like this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@bestcee : Living in Myrtle Beach for nine years teaches you to STAY OUT of tourist areas, so I can relate to those sentiments! :driving:goldstars
    Same for you, @Cherylndesigns & @michelepixels !!!!
    Me this week? Hmmm. I faced some really difficult things head on with honesty and meekness. The credit really belongs to the One who was there helping me to do it!:innocent Now ready to move forward!!:)

bbymks5, bellbird, kimingvtx and 4 others like this.
  17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Keep it up all my scrappy friends!

Mine is just taking things as they come. For some reason, I've been struggling (work, kids, school stuff) and getting overwhelmed. So, taking a breather and learning to adapt has been hard, but I have been determined not to feel guilty. I'm outside a bit more... but I think I'm still waiting for summer to start and the rain is getting to me.

bbymks5, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@jk703 - I can really appreciate the conscious "time out" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand all the rain! Come sun! :)

bbymks5, bellbird and jk703 like this.
  19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I have a clean scrap room! I spent 11 years as a Creative Memories consultant so, yes, I still do paper scrapping (until the printed photos and the product are all scrapped and used up). Believe me, the room was a MESS. I'm basking in having a clean, organized room and space to work on projects.

bestcee, Juliestcyr, bbymks5 and 3 others like this.
  20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I hurt my back last Sunday so I've spent the week being very easy with myself. That meant I missed out on some things, but it was the best thing for me. It was especially hard because I've gotten used to being able to do more since my surgery in September . . . and it was just a shock to hurt AND to be immobile. I wasn't perfect. I whined and complained a bit. But at the end of the day, I did what was best for me instead of pushing myself to do things that would have just made the situation worse.

bestcee, Juliestcyr, bbymks5 and 3 others like this.