June Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2018 Challenges' started by bcnatty, May 30, 2018.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Summer is finally here in Northern BC and I want to soak up every sunshiney moment I can!!

I am hosting the Photography Challenge this month and I would like you to capture what summer means to you. I want like to see your summer in pictures.

Because this is a Photography Challenge, your picture should be new. But for those of you who live in areas where it isn't summer right now, I will accept pictures from your last summer.

Here is my layout using Fiddle Dee Dee's Passage Dressed Down Templates and Just Jaimee's June 2018 StoryTeller

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see your summery layouts!!

As always, don't forget the Lilypad Challenge Rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the June Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Ga_L, appellief, KarenB and 2 others like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@bcnatty - Your layout is not showing...

3. bcnatty

I think that it's showing now? I always miss the early release of the challenges!!

bonnenuit likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Summer Roadtrips are the best

bcnatty, bjc, Rikki and 1 other person like this.
  5. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Oh @bcnatty I SOOOOO wish it was Summer here. My hands are frozen right now and it's getting dark and it's only 5pm. I so dislike Winter! June 1st is the official start of Winter here! Today was so cold! I have plenty of unscrapped Summer photos though from February, so very happy to remember the warmth! :)

6. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

love summer !

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Took this photo the other evening ... it was hot and sunny and really feeling like summer time in NY. :)

[​IMG]

8. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

10. bcnatty

Oh man...I've been there!!! Hopefully scrapping your summer photos will warm you up!!!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful challenge and I love ALL of the layouts, so far! @bcnatty LOVE your sample layout! It's beautiful!

bcnatty likes this.
  12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Here's mine - Summer vacation!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty and AJK like this.
  13. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

I looooove summer (sun is the best!)

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  14. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Sumer: travelling and enjoying the good life (preferably in Italy).

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  15. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

mine:
    [​IMG]

PS- @Rikki , I totally agree with you, as you can see in my page!!LOL!! :heartlub Italy

bcnatty and Rikki like this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

17. Isa Marks

Isa Marks Pollywog

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Summer is my fav' season ....
    Thank you for the challenge.

My page

[​IMG]

19. SandyPie

SandyPie Active Member

[​IMG]
    Summer means staying up late and relaxing around the fire pit.

bcnatty and AJK like this.
  20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Great Challenge!...I Love Summer Too But It Is Still Very Much Spring Here...We Got A Late Start To The Spring So Summer Will Probably Be Along Shortly So I Was Hoping That The Photo I Used For My Layout Is O.K. Since It Is From Last Summer...I Really Had Fun Doing This Layout...Summer To Me...Means The Beach & Sunsets!...But Since I Have Done Quite A Few Sunset Layouts In The Past(Doesn't Mean I Won't Do Another One For A Different Challenge Down The Road)...So I Decided To Focus On The Beach & Water Theme...If I Am Being Honest...I Was Singing & Channeling The Beach Boys Song "Catch A Wave" In My Head The Whole Time I Was Creating This Layout...So Hence The Name & The Theme...Lots Of Summer Green...Some Summer Yellow...Some Summer Pink & Some Palm Trees In The Background(On One Of The Papers I Used To Make My Background) To Further Cement My Theme & Lots Of Splashes Of Water,Foam & Paint In The Coordinating Colors Of The Layout...I Actually Used Another Feature & Turned The Photo Into A Wallpaper Complete With Added Effects & Added Pop...I Also Added Some Extra Shadows To Everything To Make It Pop Even More...Fading In & Out & Lots Of Blending Going On Here Also...I Also Added 2 Rather Large WA Recolored In Purple For The Contrast In 2 Opposite Corners & The Purple Heart In The Center To Complete The Purple Symmetry...Green & Pink Matching WA & A Bit Of Grey WA To Finish Off The Layout...

*For My Catch A Wave Layout-I Used*

*Just One Kit:Sometimes Prickly By Lynn Grieveson & Added 1 Heart From Puppy Love(Recolored) By Pink Reptile Designs*

* I Made 2 Versions Of This Layout & I Was Wondering Which One People Might Prefer Over The Other So I Am Gonna Post Both Versions*

*Version One:

[​IMG]

*Version Two:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    bcnatty likes this.