The good, the bad & the ugly | Pad Patter 17 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 17, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

At pickup time, the kids have a habit of telling me what was bad about their day first & then get asked what was something good that happened or u learnt today, in the hopes they don't dwell on negatives too much, but uggh this week! What's been your good, bad & ugly this week?

Good: none of us were sick Tues & DD's drama night was good, she didn't fluff any lines in their 2nd performance & it was quite funny {the 1st one was a mime}

The bad & ugly - well the rest of the week & today in sickness & the craft cupboard stuff everywhere in the study, & dishes & washing piled up everywhere else & the lack of energy to tackle it & forgetting it was my sister's b'day amid all this

Adding smart phones to the' good' so I've been able to check in & type this {sorta }from bed

Hope you're week has been more weighted to the good but feel free to vent :)

2. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Awwww....@bellbird I am so sorry you are sick! Take good care of yourself; the washing up and tidying will wait! I am glad your daughter’s show was a success; I bet she’s really pleased.

My good: the garden is bursting with blooms and we are getting lovely spring rain. My little kitty who was sick is on the mend thanks to a course of antibiotics.

The bad and the ugly: a male co-worker is being creepy with me at work. But he is always careful to stay just-this-side of any legal lines, so I can’t do much to stop it. Plus he is very senior to me. Ugh. I am feeling pretty depressed about my work situation for that and other reasons.....but I also know I am lucky to have my job in these uncertain times....

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@bellbird Hope the sickies leave soon!!
    @Christina W so sorry you have to deal with that!! That's a terrible situation!

My good: I've had a little extra time this week because of ball games being cancelled. And the countdown is on to the end of the school year!! I also found out that I'm going to be a grandma again!!

My bad and ugly: It has rained every single day this week! It's really getting a little depressing and led to the ugly part, which would be my yard! The grass is going to be knee high before it gets cut!

bellbird, wvsandy and Christina W like this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Good: no one is sick, besides hubby's kidney failure, but at least he's "feeling" good and COUNTDOWN to the end of the school year!!!!

Bad: work was crazy

Ugly: thankfully nothing too bad this week that it qualifies for ugly

bellbird and Christina W like this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Justine, I'm sorry for the illness running through your house! That's never fun. :(

The Good: DS's allergy appt went well. We got his blood results back (from his RAST) and there were no surprises. Plus, the Dr gave us some more options for treating his symptoms. It was nice to get some more info on top of the reassurance that yes, his allergies are XYZ but don't worry about ABC.

The Bad: I couldn't reschedule an appt of DD's, which isn't necessarily "bad" but it does make life more difficult on me. Oh well. That's a perk of being a SAHM, amiright?

The Ugly: my house. I mean that literally, cuz I need to pick up the play room and the craft area. They're a mess. Well, I say that *I* need to pick them up but really it's the kids, which means it will NOT be a fun process. So it's like an Ugly times 2.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  6. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

The good - lots this week - insurance settlement finally came through, went to Sydney to see a podcast being recorded at The Sydney Opera House, youngest son's history essay has been chosen for a nationwide curriculum publication.

The bad - my car is dying, flat battery yesterday was an added bonus to the normal shudders and jumping gear changes - have booked in for a service, bill is not going to be pretty

The ugly - the kitchen and laundry are showing signs of neglect (easily fixed if I could find the energy..), as is the garden, not such a quick fix

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Good: son is sub-letting an apt for 5 weeks so he can do summer session at college, classes started Weds
    Bad: it was dirty and one messy apt-mate is staying the summer
    Ugly: gross toilet, a "chicken something" died in the fridge with mystery liquids sitting here and there, dirty clothes on the floor, under the dresser, microwave - oh my...
    Better: staying apt-mate cleaned out the fridge but did not wipe up the mystery liquids

However, I have seen worse and my husband, the landlord, has seen much, much worse, like the fridge they opened one time, sealed it with duct tape and took the whole thing to the dump - and hoped that nothing leaked (or crawled) out on the way.

Christina W likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

@bellbird so sorry you guys are sick! I hope you all feel better fast!
    @Christina W Eww! I'm so sorry that you are having issues like that at work. I sure hope that it gets better. I hate the feeling that you don't want to say anything, but man I feel like I would at least tell someone else how you are feeling so that you know maybe at least one other person is watching and knows about it. Then at least you wouldn't feel so alone.
    @IntenseMagic I totally feel ya on the yard... replace soccer for baseball and I'm in the same situation! I always laugh at the memes that show a jungle yard and say "sorry neighbors, it's soccer season" :giggle
    @LoveItScrapIt so glad you hubby is at least feeling good!
    @Tree City glad you got no surprises from the allergy testing and confirmed what you already knew. Good luck on getting the kids to pick up with minimal yelling from Mom! :giggle
    @KarenW hooray for insurance payouts and congratulations on your son's essay! That's great! Sorry about the car. My van is showing it's age lately too and things just keep needing repairs... I just keep reminding myself that (so far) it's better than a car payment. :agree
    @BevG {shudders} at the images in my mind of that frig.

Everything is mostly good around here... the only slightly tiny bad was my youngest son's soccer game last night. He has been stuck in goalie all season and while he doesn't hate it, he really just wants to run around a play on the field and he's gotten really drained and not happy with his lot this season. Last night he got drilled and was scored on 4 times... I could tell he's just ready to be done with this particular team and move on. It's a bummer for me to watch because he usually just loves soccer and has been talking about quitting altogether lately. Thankfully I've convinced him to try one more season in the fall and I'm praying he gets more on field playing time to remind him about how fun it can be and how good he is at that part.

The best part is the sun has been shining and it's finally getting warmer outside! Woo-hoo!!!

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yikes. I would get a small framed print of a nice #metoo movement quote or something and not so subtly place it on my desk. Or make it my phone wallpaper and casually flash it in his face whenever he starts! Did you see the M3 that was released today (Mixed Media Monthly)? Oh man there are some amazing strong women quotes in there. Make a print and frame it for your desk!

Cherylndesigns and Christina W like this.
  10. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

@Karen @jenn mccabe

That is such good advice - thank you! Yesterday I told two of my female co-workers and they suggested that I have someone else sit in on future meetings with Mr. #MeToo. I hope that will help keep his behavior in line. I have a junior (and very respectful) male co-worker who I think would be present at our meetings, ostensibly to learn more about the project, but mainly to put a damper on the old guy's creepiness.

I LOVE the idea of putting a framed quote on my desk: that is a great idea. I will do it this weekend!

I also wonder if I could get the boss to send around one of those periodic "appropriate behavior in the workplace" memos to everyone, just to remind CERTAIN PEOPLE that there are consequences to workplace harassment.....

Karen, bellbird, wvsandy and 2 others like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

The Good: I am pretty much up to date with all the scrapping projects I have and may get back to my England album. And..Yay, my granddaughter did get the job in London as a Nanny!!! She leaves for her 3 months of work in June then 2nd year of college for her.

What she said. So despite having free time I am feeling like all I want to do is take a nap. I have a slight sore throat and my ears hurt. I'm back to taking sinus pills (Zyrtec) but may go to the Dr. on Monday if I still feel this lousy. Pollen! Rain! Mold! yuck.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The Good - Our 21st wedding anniversary was yesterday, Clara is done with dance so no late nights and running around in the evenings, Graham finished his last AP exam and I finally finished the crocheted blanket I've been working on for him for over a year!

The Bad - Clara's foot injury. Went in thinking it was your garden variety stress fracture from dance... came out with the suspicion that it's a rare dislocation of the cuneiform bones in her foot (that happened five years ago and was never noticed before!!). Waiting for the MRI results now.

The Ugly - The spare bedroom. It looks like Clara's dance bag/locker exploded in there. Tights, accessories, costumes and stinky shoes everywhere. Working on it bit by bit, but since quitting dance was such an emotional thing for her, I haven't pushed too hard yet.

Karen likes this.
  13. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

The good: beautiful weather here, been outside a lot and bought a frame above my dining table (outside) it's full wit little light lanterns, it really looks cute

The bad: we started renovating our stairs, it's so much work and it takes so much time. The bad turns into something beautiful so I have to be a little more patient

The ugly: my house... with renovating our stairs, there's dust everywhere...
    And I have to work this weekend, so it stays like days a few days more

Karen likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

excellent! so happy to hear you have a plan ... we should not have to wait until they cross the line to feel comfy and safe at work (or anywhere!) glad you have a plan ... and please keep us posted on this! :beat

Karen and Christina W like this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We do a similar thing at dinner time- Rose & Thorn of the day! ;)

Good- Our new car is just more amazing every day! ;)

Bad- weather maybe? Nothing too bad this week- but our rainy/stormy days

Ugly- I can say weather here too- but then I just thought of the self tanner I used on my legs after my shower yesterday & How UNEVEN I applied it!! lol it is definitely ugly! :giggle

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Good: A scrapbooking surprise
    Bad: The good child threatening to beat up another kid!
    Ugly: My mom came over unannounced when I was sick. My home was a mess & now she's super mad at me.

bestcee likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Good: I haven't gained any weight since falling off the wagon!

Bad: I have been eating too many carbs!

Ugly: Summer has hit Phx in full force and our electric bill was almost $230!!

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is totally ugly.

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The Good: I got a 100% on my love letter English Assignment. It was to my computer...(No people allowed). :hummm
    The Bad: I'm re-acclimating to a house at 80° because I refuse to have a $200+ electric bill in May. :ignore

The Ugly: The heat is coming. 100°F outside came last week, then was blown away. But they are on their way back. Sigh. I miss rain and good old thunderstorms.

20. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

The good: Work has been going well. Also I'm enjoying renovating my house!

The bad: My school (work) scheduled the meeting where we review all our students and how they are doing on my day off. And since I have two classes of my own, I needed to be there. Also I have no time for scrapping...

The ugly: In my newly bought house, a large part of my living room walls are covered in ugly (not traditional) panelling. I decided I wanted that gone but it seems to continue up above the ceiling. So we removed one ceiling plasterboard to check and we found out we shouldn't have done that...

bestcee likes this.