Worn

Worn
twomoredays, Oct 12, 2012
Description:
For the October Product Challenge
Day 10 of 30 Days of Creative Prayer at my Blog
Materials Used: Worn by One Little Bird and Sahlin Studio
Journalling:
I know when I first became a Christian, I thought there would be a time when I would feel like I was basically competent and grown in my faith, but Lord, that time has never really come. I find myself going through these periods of intense light and heat, ones where I am literally consumed by the Gospel, followed by these times when everything seems to wither, my leaves seem to fall off and everything starts to look a little more bleak, a little more barren. Like fall, the color receding, the heat cooling. But while fall is my favorite time of the year, I do not enjoy these spiritual falls and winters, but I'm beginning to wonder if they don't serve the same purpose as earthly fall and winter. Do we need these times of spiritual slowness to rebuild us for the next year, the next mission field? Or maybe they're just a consequence of the fall. Whatever the reason Lord, I pray for a mild and brief winter of the spirit. I pray that the encouragement I've felt recently would mean that spring is right around the corner. Lord, I pray that you would renew my spirit. Continue the work you've begun in me. Build me up and fill me up that I might give glory to your name. Give me a faith that transcends suffering and transcends comfort. Give me a faith that abides.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
    • Arumrose
      Beautiful text hope spring is right ahead you too. Thanks for sharing with us
    • Angie4b1g
      Beautiful heartfelt page.
    • Trista
      [​IMG]
      Kim - I pray you find the answers you seek!
      This is such a meaningful and touching prayer (page) - gorgeous work - esp like the negatives along the bottom.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Product Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    twomoredays
    Date:
    Oct 12, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: