renee82

Torch Relay 2009

Torch Relay 2009
renee82, Feb 12, 2010
Description:
This was such a highlight for me! I was so excited:
Journaling:
I LOVE the Winter Olympics. Theres just something about watching all the athletes compete represent our country. Its so fun to watch together and cheer them on as they triumph and feel their heartbreak as they fall. Every two years I try to take in as much as possible. Some of my favorite memories are watching Elvis Stojko skate for Olympic Gold only to injure himself but still hobble onto the ice to accept his silver medal. I remember feeling so disappointed when Jamie Sale and David Pelletier were robbed of their Gold in the figure skating pairs long program only to be awarded their rightful gold the next day. I remember exactly where I was when our mens hockey team won gold and when Ross Rebliagti won the very fist Olympic gold medal in snowboarding.
All these moments are forever etched into my memory. So when I found out the Olympic Torch Relay was coming through our town, there was no way I was going to miss it. I was so excited to be able to witness this once in a lifetime opportunity. I was even more excited that because Adrien works for GM and they sponsor the Torch Relay, we would get to take pictures with one of the official torches. It was so cool! Adrien didnt get to see the relay since he had to stay behind and help the people running the convoy of vehicles in case they needed it. He felt proud that hed been asked to be the one to assist them if they needed help. Caleb and Mathieu couldnt have cared less but I still wanted them to be able to see it and say later on that they were there. The torch passed us on Lakeshore right by our house and as it came by I actually felt a little choked up and a sense of pride. We waved our red Olympic mitt covered hands in awe as it passed us by. It was seriously a great experience and I was thrilled to share it with my mom and children. It will be a moment that I will never forget.
Fromt The Lilypad:
Winter Games doodles by Kate Hadfield
Chili Paper Pack (retired) by Jacque Larsen
Template (modified) and Felfa alpha by Kaye Winiecki
Outer Limits Doodled border by Karah Fredricks
Other:
Swirls by CD Muckosky
    • jdesai
      Awesome page. Love the way you've documented the special day.
    • Joan
      Oh, this is great, Renee! I have pics of my nieces and nephew with the torch and I'm so excited about Kate's new doodles!
    • ShannaNoel
      oh for fun!!! I love all your pics and your amazing journaling!
    • Jheri
      This is great .. an so glad you got to be a part of this awesome experience!!!
    • Dana
      love this renee! what a great memory - so so cool! fab page - and i love those swirls!!
    • Keela
      That is so cool, Renee! :) I was just watching a recap of it on TV and to see this is amazing. So happy you got to experience this!!!
    • 1girl1boy
      Renee, this is amazing! What a thrill for you to experience it first hand.
    • coco
      this is gorgeous... i love all the great photos. looks like you had a great time :)
    • Kate
      Is it wrong to say that I am envious you got to experience this?! Your composition here is perfect and all the doodles and swirls add such a fun touch! Beautifully journalled too :)
    • ivana alves
      SUPER COOL !! I loveee it :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    renee82
    Date:
    Feb 12, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: