CCM July 2017 Styles by Mommyish
Perdiem by Sara Gleason
Folio by Sara Gleason
New Beginnings by Pink Reptile Designs
Storyteller August 2017 by Just Jaimee
Storyteller August 2016 styles by Just Jaimee
Storyteller March 2018 by Just Jaimee
This Year by Allison Pennington

Five years ago I faced this building for the first time as an official student at the Faculty of Education at The University of Auckland. I was full of nerves but excitement at the same time as I knew I would love it here after my initial visit before applying as well as when I came back earlier in the year for an interview with the programme director. My first class was 9 am on Monday 4th March 2013 - Disability and Support with seven or eight others. My first thought was yay, a small class, this should be good. We very quickly bonded and became firm friends though some were only doing studies part time so wouldn’t see them all the time. I specifically bonded with Bronwyn and we became each others support network as we were going to both be full time students. Meeting the lecturer, Debbie, I also found an instant connection and she became one of my favourite lecturers, not just because of her personality but her lectures were interesting, her assignments were fun to do and I could really challenge my ideas with her fairly open ended assignments - for one assignment I interviewed people with disabilities to inform my thinking around the topic that I could then marry with the literature I found - I often had to be creative with my disability assignments as literature was pretty thin on the ground to start with and usually no or very little literature or research based on New Zealand context.
chastml likes this.
    • cfile
      Great page Jennifer and great take on the scraplift challenge. I love the deep green background textured paper with the pattern edged border with stitching and that little brad, the stitched down photo and your fabulous journaling. Well done!! I am so glad you connected with Debbie and gained a good friend in Bronwyn. I hope you are still close too :) Fabulous page!
    • Saar
      What a beautiful scraplift. Love your page design and loved reading the story. Beautifully done!
    • littlekiwi
      Fun fact I forgot to add to the description above - the story stemmed from Facebook memories that popped up a few days ago but the journaling is all from 2018 looking back to my first day at university. It might be 5 years ago but I still remember that first day like it was yesterday.
    • Angela Toucan
      a great lift, and great story telling. I like that you did it in a looking back style.
    • fanon
      very beautiful scraplift
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Mar 5, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).