Remember - MOC Nine - Jan 2 - Journal Challenge

Saar, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
329 words in Dutch
323 words in English

Translation:
Why I scrap? There are more answers to this question. There's not only one answers, there are more. I started digital scrapbooking on January 1st, 2010. I wanted a fun way to preserve my memories and photos. I didn't want them to be just digital or just in a plain photobook to never look at them again. I was a little bit familiar with paper scrapbooking, but in a simple way. I am not handy with glue and scissors and I wasn't really happy with the results I got. And it wasn't really paper scrapbooking either. So one day, I discovered digital scrapbooking. I was a member of a forum (not scrapbooking related) and there were some people posting their digital layouts. It immediately spoke to me. It got my attention. I was a little familiar with photoshop, downloaded some freebies and got started. I made my layouts without a template first, but I wasn't completely satisfied. Later, I discovered templates and learned how to you those. My love for digital scrapbooking started to grow and grow. So I started digital scrapbooking to make fun photobooks in the first place, but it became a hobby which I love very much. I like to be creative without using glue and scissors and making a mess. I love that I can use my supplies over and over again. When I finish a layout and I'm happy with it, it gives me so much satisfaction. I have this hobby for over 11 years at the moment and I can't imagine myself giving it up. Plus, I see myself evolving and evolving. I still learn about how to use shadows, writing stories, discovering and controling new techniques. I still learn about my program and how to use it. All of that is giving me also so much satisfaction. I don't see myself letting go of this hobby so easily. Digital scrapbooking is something close to my heart.

Credits:
- Artsy Journal Templates 7 - Scrapping With Liz
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Journal-7-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html
- Life is: Keeping Memories alive (bundle) - Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic Designs
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Life-is-Keeping-Memories-alive-bundle.html
    • designbylime
      I love your page and your journaling speaks to my heart. Your clustering makes the page to shange the focus and that is interesting.
      Saar likes this.
    • Saar
    • amandaresende
      awesome journaling and clustering! LOVE all the colors too!
      Saar likes this.
    • Saar
    • Claire Grantham
      I don't know how I missed this?! I love the story behind your scrapping, it is a really superb hobby. I am documenting things that I kind of forgot about, but they mean a lot. I have been in awe of your clusters ever since I started and the ones here are just wonderful. Your use of butterflies always makes me happy, they always remind me of my Momma's garden in London.
      Saar likes this.
    • Saar
      @Claire Grantham Did your Momma had a lot of butterflies in her garden? I LOVE them! And I LOVE using them on my pages. Butterflies and stars (and snowflakes for winter layouts) are always my finishing touches. I have to have them if they are in a kit.
      Thank you so so so much for all your kind comments, Claire! I really appreciate them.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Saar
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    343.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).