redplaid3

Our Empty Nest

Our Empty Nest
redplaid3, Jul 19, 2013
Description:
I wanted to represent our empty nest, so I started with making a tree. In our area (the Eastern U S) there are beautiful flowering trees in spring, so I used the pink blossoms to make the tree. The 3 birds flying away are my 3 children. They are also represented by the slightly invisible kids in the front. I included our family scripture: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord," and a fun thing I have said to the kids when they went off to school each day, "Don't forget where we live!" It means I'll miss you, so come back soon. The swing is actually a frame by CD muckosky that I created because my husband used to push them in the swing and sing to them. The yellow on the house is to depict "we'll keep the light on for you." Our home is a warm, loving place. The string on the house depicts our loving bond. Loved making this.
Paislee Press "Happy Days, Follow Your heart"
Sahlin Studio "I'll Love You Forever"
Pink Reptile Designs & Michelle Godin "What a Wonderful Day"
Laurie Ann HGD Summer Cottage & Free Spirit
Lauren Reid "A Lot Like Love" -- "We're better together"
K winiecki "New BEginnings"
Fonts: Soymilk, Trebuchet, Calibri, Traveling Typewriter
Various brushes including Grass by Diana & CD Muckosky "Gallery Frames" & K Fredericks Finishings 6
    • MrsPeel
      and it dioes show you loved making it... :) I think that is the secret of art journaling...all the feelings coming out take life in the page...and this is gorgeous. :)
      I'm passing by quick but havent forgotten you, will come back with more time and see if I can somehow give you a hand :) gorgeous home representatuon!!!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    redplaid3
    Date:
    Jul 19, 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: