suzyb

My grandmother

My grandmother
suzyb, Jan 22, 2013
Description:
Part of my heritage album. My grandmother passed away in 2006. When we were sorting out her papers, I found the grandparents book Id bought for her years earlier for her to complete. She hadnt done, telling me it was too painful to recall some memories. However, it turned out that she had started to make some handwrittennotes before she had come to the decision, which were tucked inside the book. Such precious pieces of paper. I decided to scrap her notes, exactly as she had written them, and this is page two of the notes. The notes ended with the words 'I met Alf' who was my grandfather, clearly this is where it became to painful for her as we had lost him back in 1992.
Kit is Family tree by Rachael Young, Michelle Godin and Kate Hadfield
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh I met Alf, made me get all tingly! what a precious bit of heritage you have! I love the purple bg, that really gives the photos the perfect canvas to rest upon!
    • jenny
      This is stunning! I've been working on my family history for close to 10 years, and having lost my grandmother a couple years ago I know just how special handwritten notes etc. are. You've documented this beautifully and I absolutely love the photos!
      This is a Froggy Favorite!
    • Dalis
      I got goosebumps, what a gorgeous memorial for both of them! congrats on your froggy fav.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    suzyb
    Date:
    Jan 22, 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: