Celeste

Moc17

Moc17
Celeste, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
sahlin studio ephemera stacks, a wonderful day kit

journaling...
Growing up with an unusual name was not easy. My mother was not original even though she gave me an original name. She named each of us for someone in her life. I procured the name of her best friend and college roommate, Celeste. My sister ended up with the same name as my paternal aunt and great-grandmother, Justine. My brother was named for my father, Thomas. I really didn’t like my name much growing up. It didn’t help when Celeste’s Pizza hit the shelves. It also didn’t help that it rhymed with pest. My schoolmates could not spell it – my box of Valentines was always a laugh seeing how the other kids spelled Silest or Suhlest. There are not a lot of options for nicknames. When it came time to name my children, I just couldn’t bring myself to be trendy or original. There would be no unusual spellings for me. I went the safe route with an Adam and a Samuel. I’m not sure how I feel about my name as an adult. In a working environment where many are foreign born, the mispronunciations and misspellings still occur. When I meet people, I feel like they feel obliged to comment on my name. I hear things Iike I know someone named Celeste (that’s funny Steve, I know someone named Steve, too) or what a beautiful name. I never give my name at Starbucks, invariably the barista will write Courtney or Chelsea. Oh how I wish my name was Mary or Amy!
MrsGaramer likes this.
    • Sokee
      Wow your design is so pretty! I love those papers at the top! And then that arrow you have pointed at your journaling!
    • LynnG
      Oh don't wish that! Your name is so beautiful (as is your page) and not at all unusual to me from living in Europe and Asia :-)
    • threadjungle
      Can so relate to everything you say about having an unusual name! I'm going to use that line (that’s funny Steve, I know someone named Steve, too)
    • Rikki
      Your name is absolutely beautiful and it sounds heavenly to boot. I can see what you mean though. Our boys have "unusual" names (to fit the family name which is not German) and people just don't get it. You should see what they make of the name Sean, :) I don't know what it is about telling people they know someone else with that name. Do they think you know them? That you are related? Strange!!
    • bestcee
      I love Celeste! I found it interesting that you get "Courtney" as a misspelling. As a Courtney, I routinely get "Britney", and on occasion "Lindsay". I adore the text on the woodgrain and the way you layered the papers!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Celeste
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    546 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).