Erin Taylor

MOC day 26 - (1900s Heritage) Hatfield Blood

MOC day 26 - (1900s Heritage) Hatfield Blood
Erin Taylor, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Using Etc By Danyale's Magic of Beginnings and Just Jaimee's November 2017 Storyteller Add-on, Grateful. Typewritter alpha is from Erin Crouch Studio, Yesteryear:Steampunk kit.

dates from 1789-present
Journaling (175 words):
This story starts way back in 1789. That is when my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather Valentine “Wall” Hatfield was born. He had a son named Ephriam “Big Eph” Hatfield. He had a daughter named Martha “Mattie” Varney. She is my Great-Great-Great Grandmother and she was the sister of the famous Anderson “Devil Anse” Hatfield. She had a daughter named Sarah Varney Browning. She had a son named Lark Browning who was born in 1879. He was my Great-Grandfather, but I never met him. Lark had two sons, one was my Grandfather, William Everett Scott Browning. Lark moved from the southern coalfields of WV to become one of the original homesteaders of a town in Putnam County WV called Eleanor. My grandfather was born in 1928. He married my grandmother, Janet McClannahan in 1958. He was 29 and she was 21. They already had my father by that time. He was born in January of 1958. He has two little brothers and two little sisters. I’m an only child, but I now have 2 sons of my own.
    • ElizabethW
      Great layout and fantastic story! One of my law partners is a descendant of Devil Anse!
    • Cristina
      Such a cool history!!
    • flowersgal
      Some nice genealogy work went into your knowing the lineage. Would like to read more about the various "infamous" Hatfield-McCoy feud and how it played out in your family. Lovely layout and that "wanted" poster is a nice touch.
    • Iowan
      I love your title work and the heritage information is so interesting. I like how you included the wanted poster, not every family has one of those!!!!! Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Fascinating story and wonderful photos.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Erin Taylor
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1200px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).