Iowan

MOC 31 2018-The-Surrey-with-the-Fringe-on-Top

MOC 31  2018-The-Surrey-with-the-Fringe-on-Top
Iowan, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
January 31: 2018 The Surrey with the Fringe on Top
Beachscape {Bundle} by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic

Journaling
Peggy (my sister) never made waves nor inconvenienced anyone; she always wanted everybody to be happy. She was a giver, never a taker. At the end of her two week, jam-packed, fun-filled visit to Seattle, we went to Alki beach to enjoy fish and chips and watch the beach scene. She hinted that riding the bicycle surrey could be fun. Oh, yeah, tourist silliness; I ignored her. She mentioned it again, what, she actually wants to do this?! So off we went in the rented surrey with the fringe on top. Picture 3 geriatrics belting out songs from Oklahoma while peddling along the beach. Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry..... It was such a joyful hour. Peggy went home the next day and the day after, she had a massive brain hemorrhage from which she never recovered. We may not have Peggy, except in our hearts, but we will always have the memory of our beautiful ride along Alki Beach in that shiny little surrey with the fringe on top.
chastml likes this.
    • Karen
      Oh my! This gave me goosebumps! I am SO glad you guys took that surrey trip and that you have this photo. Your page is so beautifully captured and happy. Absolutely perfect for today's challenge! I'm very sorry for your loss, but so happy you have this great last memory together.
      Iowan likes this.
    • disneysheryl65
      This just brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful tribute! So sorry for your loss.
      Iowan likes this.
    • cfile
      Absolutely beautiful moment captured here of your friend, Carol. That is why I live by what my Mom always told me... never go to sleep mad, and always kiss your love one goodbye when they leave the house. You never know. This haunting moment pushing you to take the silly surry bike ride was spot on. I loved reading your journaling and the special time you had, got captured in the beautiful photo of you both. I am so sorry for the passing of your friend, but what a beautiful moment. Thank you for sharing.
      Iowan likes this.
    • rach3975
      I'm so sorry for your loss! What a special memory of your last day together.
      Iowan likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love the photo treatment. It highlights how happy you are together at this moment. I'm sorry for your loss.
      Iowan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).