May Scraplift
tinkerbell1112, May 24, 2021
Description:
Project Mouse (boardwalk) by Sahlin Studio & Brittish Designs

this is a lift of a page from @QuiltyMom
[​IMG]
trekmom likes this.
    • QuiltyMom
      Oh Jlynn - this is so fun! What a perfect kit for your photo. I love the background paper you used - as well as all the simple bits of embellishments. You did a great job! Thanks so much for lifting my page! :heartlub
    • bellbird
      love how you used that tone on tone backgrd and accentuated the fairground attractions with your photo and element placement!
    • cfile
      Lovely page and lift JLynn!!! Love the C&S page here and love that fabulous ferris wheel bg paper.. perfect for your photo of Coney Island! (I lived in NY on Long Island for the first 30 years of my life and never did go to Coney Island.. both of my parents must have had too much of it in their youth as I knew my Mom went with her cousins there all the time!!!) Great photo of your children with their beautiful smiles with the ferris wheel in the background. Great use of the journal cards and word art too.. perfect page! Thanks for playing along with the May Scraplift challenge!
    • tinkerbell1112
      @cfile sorry you didn't get to go! It was quite a train ride from Manhattan but I was really glad we did it. The kids had a blast!!!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @tinkerbell1112 So glad everyone had fun. It is ok we didn't go.. we had places on Long Island and when we got older we would go to Great Adventure in New Jersey..

I laughed though re Coney Island, as I remember my mother telling me about riding the wooden rollercoaster. Her and her cousins (quite a few of them boys) back in the early 1950's (parents married in 1955) would go to CI and then would ride the Cyclone, get off and go on again. My Mom then noticed when they got to a certain spot of the roller coaster ride - high up - she noticed all her male cousins heads turning to the right and wondered what they kept looking at... apparently there was a nude beach area next to the Cyclone.. That was why the boys wanted to keep going on the coaster.. my Mom loved riding roller coaster, but she understood why the boys wanted to go LOL :rofl:rofl Don't know if the nude beach is still there but I remembe her telling me that story! [BTW I just looked it up and the nude beach was there into the 1970's lol]
    • tinkerbell1112
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    tinkerbell1112
    Date:
    May 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    154.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).