RJMJ

Journaling Challenge-December-Comfort Food-Cheeri-o

Journaling Challenge-December-Comfort Food-Cheeri-o
RJMJ, Dec 5, 2018
Description:
I Don't Really Scrap About Food Very Often...Not Really My Thing Since I Have A Lot Of Food Sensitivities/Intolerances/Allergies Etc...So Food For Me Isn't Always A Comforting Thing...But There Is One Food That Makes My Heart Skip A Beat...Decadent Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Black Forest Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!...My Sister Lives About 2 Hours Away From Us & Whenever She Comes Down For "An Occasion"...Like Christmas...She Usually Brings Me Down This AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Homemade(Not By Her)...Homemade At The Farmer's Market Near Where She Lives By This Wonderful Lady Who Runs Her Own Baking Business Specifically Catering To Gluten & Dairy Sensitivities...I Can't Have Either...They Make Me Deathly Sick...And Trying To Make These Such Desserts Are Not My Strong Suit...Not To Mention That Buying All The Specialty Ingredients Would Be Out Of My Budget Range...Either Way...She Has Lines Of People At Her Booth Every Weekend Stretching Out To The Street...But My Sister Orders Ahead Because You Would Never Get Any Waiting In Line...She Just Pops In,Pays,Picks It Up & Leaves...It Is The Best Black Forest Cake I Have Ever Tasted & I Have Tasted Many Over The Years!...This Is A Very Decadent Treat Only A Few Times A Year & Just Thinking About This Right Now...Makes Me Soooooo!!!! Happy!!!!!!!!!!...Can't Wait To See My Sister,Her Husband & Their Wonderful Corgi Cooper For Christmas & Of Course I Hope She Brings The Cake Too!...But I Will Still Love Her Even if She Doesn't...Ha! Ha! Ha!...:bk

*For My Cheeri-o Layout-I Used:

*Vale & Await No More-Bundle-Rebecca McMeen & Tangie Baxter
*Cooking Time/Christmas Baking/Noel/December 25th/Christmas Joy/Bear Hugs-Kristin Aagard
*Fa La La La Season's Greetings & Down The Chimney-Pink Reptile Designs
*Countdown To Christmas & Just Breathe-Little Butterfly Wings
*Baby,It's Cold Outside-Gennifer Bursett
KarenB, MrsPeel, Dalis and 1 other person like this.
    • Marjoleine
      Love the colors of this page and all the different word arts! The cake looks delicious, I had to look twice because your photo looks like a part of the layout, blending in so well. It must be really hard to have food allergies and intolerances, I can't imagine not eating everything I want.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Dalis
      This page is so cool!!!!!!!! I totally understand about the sensitivities. Right now in my background I can hear my poor hubby heaving in front of the toilet. He ate something he shouldn't last night. He can't have any dairy and apparently he had a bit of dry cereal but it's a new one for Bianca and he didn't read the label.
      Back to your page, there is so much wonderful things to look at!!!!!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      Yes!...Food Allergies & Sensitivities Pretty Much Suck Everyday!...But The Alternative Is Like @Dalis Just Said Above...Unfortunately I Can Relate To This!...Hope Your Hubby Feels Better Soon!...You Can Stay Away Or Be Sick For Days Or Even Worse End Up At The Outpatients At The Hospital!...I've Also Been There Too!...Thanks Guys For The Nice Comments!...I Really Do Appreciate This!...:banana
    • MrsPeel
      wow to the impact of filling the page!!! love how you placed the photo with the doll, amazing colors, wonderful use of word strips, super impact all together! I have to confess, it is extremely difficult for me to read your journaling/transcription of the meaning of your page in text, I have a neurological issue that makes difficult reading more than 2 or 3 lines (that is why sometimes you wont see me much in the forum) and the way you use capitals makes it something that I needs lots of time for me to read and understand (also add the fact that I am not a native English speaker) ... but as my daughter is here in my bedroom now, I asked her to read for me.... and the page becomes even more on the spot!!! I have a huge issue now with food, never had allergies or intolerances, but in the past few years I came into danger of death with heart failure, and in July I was told I was half way down to kidney failure...which for me would have meant death: I wont go for dialysis and I can't have a transplant because of the heart failure.... so I had to go into a very, VERY strict diet.... that was why I had not been much around in the past 4 months...... so I understand how much we can appreciate a treat like this cake for you!!!!! For me, is something called "alfajores" is something they make in Argentina (where my mum lives) difficult to explain but is like a mixture between a cakes and cookie, with something called dulce de leche (typical from Argentina too) is like caramel but richer, then covered in chocolate..... there is brand called Havanna, generally when someone of the family or friends come over to London, they bring us a box of them...and OH my... a treat for maximum twice a year as all, cholesterol, sugar, carbs... are too much for my system.... anyway, great page, l am one for filling a page and using lots of elements and word arts/word strips makes my heart sing....your page most certainly brings joy!!!!!! so happy it beings joy to you in the form of gluten free/dairy free Black forest!!!!!! [​IMG]
      RJMJ likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      Oh my! How lucky for you that your sis found this artisan baker! That cake looks downright divine. I'm so glad you get to indulge in something yummy - we all deserve a little treat. But how hard for you with all the food issues. Big hugs for that unfairness. And your page is just so fun and happy even though you do suffer with food allergies - you are a light on even the darkest things RJMJ. Thank you for being you! HUGS!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      Oh My! @MrsPeel...Thank You So Much For Your Wonderful Comments About My Layout...I'm So So Sorry To Hear Of Your Health Issues Too!...My Heart Goes Out To You!...Life Can Seem So Unfair Sometimes I Know...Seeing Others Eat All The Things That You Can Only Dream Of Eating...I So Know How That Feels...But On The Flip Side I Choose To See The Positive Whenever Possible...Life For Me Is Challenging Even On A Good Day But I Do Have A Wonderful,Loving & Supporting Partner Who Claims To Understand My Slightly OVER-OBSESSION Towards Scrapbooking...He Is So Sweet & Gives Me His Opinion When I Ask But Constructively Speaking...He Just Says He Loves Everything!...Even When I Know That Layout Needs Much More Work Before It Would Be Complete...I Know He Will Always Be There For Me No Matter What!...There Are So Many Wonderful Things/People In Our Lives To Be Thankful For!...:heartslub
    • RJMJ
      Oh Jenn!...You Make Me Smile So Much!...I Was Almost Brought To Tears Upon Reading Your Comment About My Layout!...I Felt Your Digital Hugs From Over Here...What A Thoughtful,Sweet & Kind Thing To Say To Someone!...I Am So Touched Deep In My Heart That You Said :And I Quote "You Are A Light On Even The Darkest Things...Thank You For Being You"...I Don't Think Anyone Ever Said That To Me Before...(Wiping The Virtual Tears From My Eyes)...You Yourself Are A Gem Jenn!...Your Kindness Has Always Been Felt Here By Me & You Just Always Taking The Time To Look Through My Gallery & Leave A Meaningful Comment!...This Speaks Volumes To Who You Are & How Kind & Generous You Truly Are!...TYSM!...:heartslub
      jenn mccabe likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      @RJMJ you are welcome and you truly are a sweet sweet person and sweet part of the TLP family! FYI - if type the @ sign in front of the person's TLP name, it will "tag" them. Then we will get an alert that you said something. It works in the forum and in the gallery. So you start by typing "2" and the first few letters of the person's name ... like this-->@Jen ...and a pop up window will come up and you can chose the person you want to tag from the list of users with jen.... you know it's tagged when it is pink! Hope that helps!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Dec 5, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    732.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    796px
    Height:
    796px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).