Mama Shades

January 26 – Tradition/Heritage (Journaling)

January 26 – Tradition/Heritage (Journaling)
Mama Shades, Jan 30, 2018
Description:
Made with These Walls kit by One Little Bird, Press Lines No. 2: Everyday Sentiments by Paislee Press, and Press Plate No. 9 template by Paislee Press

Journaling reads:
Front Steps: Our mom used to make us sit on the front steps and take a picture every time we were dressed up. There was a white stone wall in front of the house too and everytime it rained, slugs would be crawling all over it. It was my least favorite thing about the house! In the summer, I would create a lemonade stand that I set up on the sidewalk. Bucknell University was only two blocks away and the college students were my best customers!

Kitchen: The kitchen led right into the the dining room and then the living room in one straight line. Whenever I was wearing socks, I used to get a big running start and slide from one room to the next.

Living Room: My mom used to let me move the cushions and chairs so that I could put on the Sound of Music record and pretend to be Leisl in the gazebo dancing scene. We had a big comfy armchair where I would sit and read for hours and hours.

Front Porch: During summer rain storms, everyone would sit on the porch and watch the rain and lightning while sipping cool drinks. There’s something so magical about the smell of rain in the summer.

Yard: The yard had a number of big trees and I would spend hours climbing and sitting in the trees. My mom still tells stories about the bruises I would have all over my legs from spending all of my time in trees. There was another special tree that had a tree swing - I spent lots of time there too!

Garage: The two-story garage housed cars in the bottom but the top was a big open space for all of us to play in. Sadly, one day it caught fire because of an unlucky squirrel and my play space was no more.
esahin and chastml like this.
    • Iowan
      What a great idea breaking down the house, and your memories, into rooms. I will definitely lift this idea. I like the simplicity of the page and how the house is the major focus. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Mama Shades
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    406 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).