Jan. 11 Tell Me A Story
jaye, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
created using Life is: An Adventure by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic
Retro Pop Worn Frames by Lynn Grieveson
font-DK Au Revoir
word count 558
journaling reads:
My dream was to visit Ireland as I had become obsessed through reading books that were set in this country. I fully blame Nora Roberts for this. I became determined that for my fiftieth birthday I was going to visit Ireland by myself, just me and my camera on an adventure to celebrate a new decade of my life. I discovered a company called Authentic Vacations that had trips as well as customizing a trip for you. My price included accommodations, daily breakfasts, a car, and insurance. I worked with my agent to create the trip of my dreams, exploring castles, landscapes and even staying overnight in a Castle as well as a Manor House. I made monthly payments and saved for a year to take this trip of a lifetime. Part of me couldn't believe I was doing this!

July was upon me and I anxiously packed for my trip, I was nervous, anxious and so so excited to be doing this. My parents and Braeden drove me to the airport to see me off on my amazing adventure. It was a late-night flight from Toronto to Dublin after my short flight from Windsor. I got myself checked in and took a seat to await my flight, of course, my flight was delayed and then delayed again. My excitement and anxiety rising, finally, we boarded the plane and soon I would be arriving in Dublin.

After an uneventful and smooth flight, I had my first view of Dublin, Ireland. I tried to look like a seasoned traveler as my insides were jumping and my heart beating as we exited the plane and made our way into the airport. After gathering my luggage I made my way over to the Hertz Rental car kiosk to pick up my vehicle for the next eight days. My vehicle was called a 'city car', it was a little, and I mean little, red car. Perfect for me who had never driven on the left side of the road and had no idea where I was going. I got myself sorted, papers signed, luggage in the car, and off I went.

I hate to admit it but I got lost getting out of the airport, to be more specific I couldn't find the very first road I was to turn on to. Anxiety is building and nerves wracked as I was already nervous about driving with other vehicles around. Finally, I found where I needed to be and made a successful turn. With shaking hands, I entered traffic and hoped with all hope I did not cut someone off or hit something. Well, I did both, unfortunately. I cut off a bus changing lanes and the hitting of something will come later. I entered the roundabout and felt somewhat confident as they were clearly marked, I made my way to the exit I needed without difficulty and continued toward my destination. It was a forty-minute drive from the airport to my first place of accommodation, the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel. I was struck by the quaintness of Killiney as I came through and managed to get too close to the side of the road and nicked a street light with my mirror. . . . .oops. After driving past the entrance three times I finally found my way in. My amazing adventure was about to begin!
alinalove and FarrahJobling like this.
    • flowersgal
      Wonderful story of the beginning of your adventure in Ireland. I know it was amazing and you are one brave woman to go it alone and do the driving on the left side of the road. On our first trip to Ireland I was anxious that we would hit or be hit as DH kept reverting to our U.S. driving on the right side of the road. Lots of deep breaths! Love the photos at the bottom, especially the little red car. You have inspired me to possibly have another go at our Ireland stories.
    • bestcee
      I love the map paper! The details of hitting something and cutting off someone are so perfect to add to your adventure. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jaye
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    299.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).