Joan

ground zero

ground zero
Joan, Sep 7, 2010
Description:
Hanging out in downtown Vancouver during Olympic events was so much fun, and if you happened to be there when Canada won a medal, especially gold, it was a pretty special experience. But nothing compared to being there at the heart of things when Canada's men's hockey team won gold in the final event of the games. It was a truly incredible event to be a part of. This is one of the many photos I managed to capture from the intersection of Robson St & Granville St just minutes after the winning goal was scored and the celebrations were pouring into this area. This was always kind of like "Ground Zero" for any of these celebrations, hence, the title.
NEW for Tadpole Tuesday @ The Lilypad
I Am Canadian - Papers by PixelWorks
I Am Canadian - Elements by PixelWorks
Fonts:
84 Rock! by Jonathan Paquette
Positiv-A by Billy Argel

Thanks for looking and your comments! :)
    • shades of bliss
      How exciting. You totally captured the moment!!
    • Kelleanne
      omg I love this!! You did an awesome job of capturing what it was like to be there. Wonderful page!
    • eclecticscraps
      ^^^
      ditto! The photo is amazing and really conveys the excitement of the moment.

Fabulously scrapped page! Love it!!!
    • KimJ
      Wonderful blending! Love the use of the giant photo and the cut title! Just fabulous!
    • colleen
      this is awesome! love your blending, title work, everything!!
    • mishou
      well you know i think this rocks but i'll say it again. this ROCKS! Go Canada!!! woot!
    • MommySpice
      Love the feeling of excitement here! Fantastic page!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Joan
    Date:
    Sep 7, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: