jcb5600

Eclipse story - MOC6 Jan 11 On This Day

Eclipse story - MOC6 Jan 11 On This Day
jcb5600, Jan 20, 2018
Description:
used Eclipse by Kristin Aagard
template from Pocket Stories 6 - Wild Stuff by Etc by Danyale
the arrows that look like marker drawn on photos are from All the Feels Part 2 TLP collab

Since we were outside the path of totality, I signed us up about a year before for a camping trip to Lake Murray, SC to view the eclipse, which was well within the path. Forecasts leading up the August 21, 2017 had about a 50% chance of storms, but we were hopeful. And it turned out spectacular! We started out watching the sky from some lounge chairs on the shore, but quickly realized that it was going to be far to hot to manage for the next couple of hours. So, we headed down to the water. The kids floated in the tubes or swam while the moon slowly moved into position. Scott and I sat in our camp chairs, directly in the water (and in the shade), to keep cool, peeking at the sun every few minutes to check its progress. At 2:43pm, we reached totality. Even knowing what to expect does not prepare you for how awe inspiring the view will be. Simply breath-taking. People gasped and were silent, then the crickets began to chirp and the air was filled with the sounds of evening. The sky turned dark with the appearance of sunset on the horizon. We had 2 minutes and 37 seconds of totality. Then the moon began to move away and the sky quickly lightened. Within minutes, things were back to normal. But those two and a half minutes is an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

See the other half of this spread here.
KristinAagard, Mylinn and MrsPeel like this.
    • MrsPeel
      wow!!! what an amazing experience!!!!! when I was in my early 20s in Uni in Brazil, we would make trips to the mountains to a very special place called Sao Tome in Minas Gerais... long story as why that place, we had amazing sky watching experiences, but nothing near what you describe!!!! the way you journaled also almost make me feel like I was there!!! Love how you used Danyale's template for this! love the clusters, the whole thing is great!!!! We want to go to Scotland to see the Northern Lights... I'm trying to get my health to a reasonable state so I can start traveling again, your page makes me want to fight harder... even though doubt I will be able to see another eclipse, but the Northern Lights will do :) [​IMG]
    • HeatherB
      Loved reading your journaling - great storytelling. You've captured the experience perfectly. Great photos too. How exciting to be in the path of totality and to experience it from the water! Wonderful use of the template. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • Jems
      love this LO love the colours you chose to go with the story and photos!
    • KristinAagard
      Fabulous journaling! I love the framing of your photos! <3
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    jcb5600
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).