jstbkuz

Easter Purse

Easter Purse
jstbkuz, Mar 10, 2008
Description:
Making Hybrid Easy- Hybrid Basics
I know many people are intimidated by hybrid so I thought I would do a basic tutorial. In This tutorial I will show you how to alter a wooden purse. You can apply these basic techniques to any hybrid project.
Digital Supplies from The Lily Pad's March BYOC Spring Kit:
Kate Hadfields sweet tweets
Amy Wolff's Softly Bracketed
Natalie Braxtons Easter Essentials
Jenna Desai's Butterflies and pretty frames and borders
Amy Martins watercolor paint elements
Jacque Larsen's Watercolor Papers
Physical Supplies:
Scissors
Exacto knife
Paper Trimmer
Krylon sticky adhesive
Stampin Up Ink Pads
Sponge
Wooden Purse
Glue dots
Cutting Matt
Prima say it in crystals and flowers
doodlebugdesigns gems
Misc Ribbons

Steps:
Supplies you will need

First I measured the purse and I usually make my layouts half an inch to an inch bigger on each side. Here are the 2 sides of the purse each designed on it's own canvas.
[img]
Then I put them on a canvas 8.5 X 11 ( the size of my printer paper) and I also add any extra elements or paper I think I might want to cut out and use on my project.
[img]
[img]
I print this out onto Matte Photo Paper, and change the options on my printer accordingly for this paper (I have a matte photo paper selection and select it to print high quality). After it's printed I take my wooden purse and trace out the shape on the back of my paper. Usually I eyeball where I want it to go. Then I cut it out with scissors and an exacto knife (I used the exacto knife for the inside of the purse handle.
Next thing I do is ink the edges, First I used a lighter color then I used black and then I add the physical products I want. I used pop dots to make things stand out and I journaled on this one with a black fine tip marker pen.
[img]
Then I ink the edges of the purse incase some of the seams show through after I add the paper LO's.
[img]
[img]
I then spray my krylon spray adhesive (shake well) on the purse and stick my LO's to it and then add some ribbon to finish the job!
[img]
[img]
[img]