SharLamb

Connor_Puttin’ on the Ritz

Connor_Puttin’ on the Ritz
SharLamb, Sep 18, 2019
Description:
This so made me cry tears of joy and sentiment. The tuxedo Connor is wearing is the one tailoring project I ever did (it was in a classroom). I made it in 1998....for Connor’s dad, who wore it to prom. Connor is considering wearing it next week for the homecoming dance at his school. I’ll be surprised if he chooses to actually do it, because it’s pretty retro, but just seeing him in it makes my heart swell with joy.
Project done completely on my iPad with ProCreate.
PRD
Just My Type_papers 04, 05, and 07; _rose
Of Wishes Hopes and Dreams_Star Scatter
Sew Crafty_ribbon_stars

Tangier’s Baxter
Life of Purpose_Watercolor Circles_4
jesskab and cinderella like this.
    • Tree City
      whoa, you made that? GO SHARRON! How cool it fits him, and regardless of whether that's his final choice for hoco, it's so darn sweet he tried it on. Definitely a heart-swelling pic for you, and what a fun LO to remember it! :)
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is so beautiful and so very special, Shar!! What a handsome young man Connor is!!!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • flowersgal
      So glad you got this picture and shared the story with us. Nice looking young man and how cool that he can wear his dad's suit. Great tradition.

When our granddaughter graduated from high school we encountered a young man in the parking lot with a tie on. I commented on how much I liked it and he explained to me that he was the 3rd generation of his family to wear it at graduation from this school -- his grandfather, his father and now him. Yes to great traditions.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Dady
      I liked to read the story of this costume! Connor wears it so well!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Love the story and hope he wears it! You are a talented woman--digitally and with a sewing machine! @flowersgal I love your tie story!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      You'll have to tag us if your grandson decides to wear the tuxedo. This is truly a spectacular page! Love the red accents.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mimisgirl
      WOW! Well done - on the suit and the layout! My dress for my junior prom I made WITH my (at that time) boyfriend's mom - they lived down the road and their family were our best friends. I still have it - and I hope one day my little lady might wear it.
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Sep 18, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    660 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1668px
    Height:
    2224px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).