Cherylndesigns

July Project 12 Trip to OK

July Project 12 Trip to OK
Cherylndesigns, Aug 20, 2019
Description:
I know I've scrapped these pictures in TN size, but I wanted to include them in my 8x8 scrapbook pages for my book. I was saddened to learn, recently, that I was not of Cherokee descent, like I had been told I was, my whole life. Visiting Tahlequah, Oklahoma in July really drove home the fact that I wasn't part Cherokee.

Credits: lgrieveson_messy_pockets-4-1; lbw_2019_calendar_3x4_July; lwee_M3_Juny19_JC5; lbw_bb_traveledition_3x4_card1; KimJensen_WatercolorSummer_yellow; rjefferies_wingsunfolded_mma_wordart7; paislee-mytribe-sticker.
    • jenn mccabe
      aww, sorry to hear that Cheryl. but your "tribe" is pretty awesome anyway! i lvoe the shot of all of them on the plane - that is really cute!
    • mcurtt
      I agree with Jenn, your tribe is awesome! Loving the mix of photo sizes, the journal cards, the smattering of word art.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @jenn mccabe Thanks, Jenn. My grandfather really looked like a Native American. He always told us that we were part Cherokee, but I could never prove it. My SIL is of Cherokee descent, but the rest of us aren't. I've got an awesome tribe!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks, Marilyn. I do have an awesome tribe! I was just disappointed to learn that being part Cherokee was a family legend. My grandfather could have passed for being Native American. He always told us that we were.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      @Cherylndesigns My Dad did too - and he said it to me when I was really young and I told people I was for about a year. When I brought it up again with him- he said he was only kidding with me and thought I knew he was kidding. He was and is fascinated with all things Native American, so I think he always wanted to be. And I guess I wasn't adept at reading seriousness/vs kidding at that age! :oops:
    • Cherylndesigns
      @jenn mccabe Oh my gosh, Jenn, my mouth just fell open. Then you totally understand my disappointment at learning that it was just a "family legend". This is the same grandfather who told me I was getting a pony for Christmas every year. DOH!! I should have known. Thanks for sharing this with me!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    • jenn mccabe
      I completely get it @Cherylndesigns and ... Shut up! My Dad used to joke with me about that too!!! He was allergic to horses like crazy - but would still drive me to farms to feed them carrots and apples. I was too little to know how bad he suffered while he took me to visit the horses. That's love. He didn't have the heart to tell me flat out I'd never have one - so he would say maybe one day. I really believed one day - but it never happened.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @jenn mccabe Wow! Are we secretly related????? It broke my heart every year when I didn't have a pony outside on the front porch. I was too little to know he was joking, too - I'm sure he didn't know that I totally believed him. He used to take me out to see any horses that were along the roads and we'd take carrots and feed them over the fence.
    • jenn mccabe
      Yup! That's too crazy Cheryl! :beat:beat:beat We can be sisters in heart!
    • Cherylndesigns
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pocket Scrapping
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Aug 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    100.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).