Pups_r_Paps

Little-Free-Library

Little-Free-Library
Pups_r_Paps, Aug 3, 2019
Description:
JOURNALING:

10/24/18 – West side of Columbus OH

While driving around the city this day, we saw what we thought was a cute mailbox. Upon closer inspection we saw the sign underneath that read: The Morrison’s Family Little Free Library; Take a Book, Return a Book. Then we noticed that the little house was an exact replica of the main house! We HAD to take a picture.

When I was preparing this page, I decided to see if I could find out more about this “Little Free Library”. I discovered it is a nonprofit organization that “…inspires a love of reading, builds community, and sparks creativity by fostering neighborhood book exchanges around the world.” The organization started in 2009 in Wisconsin and now has over 60,000 locations in the U.S. and 80 other countries. Their website is quite interesting.

3 of 4 people report they’ve read a book they normally would not have read because of a Little Free Library.

73% of people say they’ve met more neighbors because of a Little Free Library.

92% of people say their neighborhood feels like a friendlier place because of a Little Free Library.

CREDITS: Information from LittleFreeLibrary.org; PHOTOS – by me; TEMPLATE – by Sara Gleason; KITS – “Nose in a Book”, Bella Gypsy; “I Like Big Books”, Kristin Aagard; FONT – Complete in Him, Castellar Regular
KarenB likes this.
    • BevG
      That is very cool! We have at least 2 in our neighborhood. I should go take pictures, even though they are not as cool as this one is.
    • KAPOH
      Love all of the book elements. I've seen a couple of these around Columbus. What a wonderful idea and the information you discovered about this organization is so interesting.
    • Justagirl
      Fabulous use of the template and great page theme. These are awesome initiatives, were seeing them pop up in Australia too!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Template Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Aug 3, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    131.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).