flowersgal

Day5_ChristmasinJuly2019_web

Day5_ChristmasinJuly2019_web
flowersgal, Jul 23, 2019
Description:
Day 5 - Christmas in July 2019 (then and now)
Supplies:
Sahin Designs - Dear Santa, Joy, Joyous
Lynn Grieveson - Old Edges
    • bcgal00
      Love the photos and enjoyed your story!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is just wonderful, Patsy! Yes, times sure have changed - in lots of ways, but dress is right up there. I remember the white short gloves that all of the ladies wore, too. Christmas and Thanksgiving were both holidays that everybody dressed up.
    • flowersgal
      @Cherylndesigns - It's nice to know that someone else remembers. I remember the white short gloves for spring and summer (starting with Easter and going until Labor Day was the season for white shoes & white gloves in the South). Oh those days are long gone.
    • mcurtt
      I love the photos where everyone is gathered around the table. As I mentioned in the forum post, I happened to see your layout yesterday & realized that ours would be quite similar in concept. I do like the addition of your colored photo. But my current pic was shot not in the best of light & there were dark shadows over our faces. So I converted it to b&w so that I could make use of a not-very-great photo. :-)
      flowersgal likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      I always love then and now pages and this is no exception. Beautifully scrapped, a true treasure!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal Yes they're long gone, Patsy. We would NEVER wear white shoes in the fall or winter! And the hats, too. My grandma almost had a hat on for church - she always looked so sophisticated. I remember the first time I saw kids wearing jeans to church - I was appalled. Now, they're commonplace everywhere.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • marijke
      Love reading your then & now story ... great photos!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @marijke - thanks. Isn't it fun to remember and record those things from times past?
    • redplaid3
      Love the bw versus the color picture. Great way to show then and now.
      flowersgal likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Jul 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).