Cherylndesigns

10 DOC Day4 Childhood Memories

10 DOC Day4 Childhood Memories
Cherylndesigns, Jul 22, 2019
Description:
This is not my family, but it could be. I was unable to find any childhood Christmas pictures, so I "adopted" an online family. LOL This is in my Travelers Notebook but I decided to make a layout out of this one. Journaling talks about how whenever I see pictures of my childhood, everybody looks so stiff and so old. My grandparents weren't very old, but they always looked and acted like old people. I also talk about how we spent out Christmas Days - not very happily - we spent every Christmas day with my Mom's extended family and we didn't know them and only saw them once a year. We dreaded that every year - but when we went to my dad's parents in the evening, that was the highlight of Christmas! Sadly, I asked for a pony every year and my grandpa (Mom's dad) always told me I was getting one. Of course, there was never a pony out by the front porch on Christmas morning. I still don't think that was funny - to this day - and he finally made it up to me when I was in Jr. High School, by buying me a horse. But all of those years of expectation weren't very fun.

Credits: Paislee-Travelougue-8x8-template4; mommyish_farmhouse_paper7, wordart_holidaylight, wa_gathered, wa_thewonder, wa_familytradition; etc_lbw_dear_karma_coffee_stamp, steam; KimJensen_HappyMail_pen_orange; KimJensen_Capricious_sp_beige; soco_onemorechapter_glasses_sticker_01.
Trish likes this.
    • flowersgal
      What fun journaling and so honest. Love that you included about asking for a pony every year and that finally you got a horse in junior high school. Now I want to see a layout with a photo of you and the horse!
    • mcurtt
      This will be a great addition to your Christmas TN. I hear you about grandparents. My maternal grandmother never smiled in photos. I only have one candid shot where she is smiling... Sorry to hear about the teasing of the pony gift. But at least you finally did get a horse. Family... gotta love 'em.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal Thanks so much, Patsy! I don't think I've ever journaled about the sad Christmas days and never about the pony that I didn't get for Christmas. I loved these challenges because they make me dig deep. I hope I can find a picture of Thunder. Sadly, my maternal grandfather wasn't a picture-taker. There were a couple of them floating around, but I haven't seen any of them for years.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt I know, isn't family great? People were so stern back then - my paternal grandmother was very religious and wouldn't let us play any card games or roll dice in her house. When they finally got a TV, she would turn her head and shield her eyes when commercials came on.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • redplaid3
      I like that you honestly recorded your feelings and memories. Sometimes the holidays can be a real downer. Like your "adopted family" picture and your notebook. I also like that you finally got a horse!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @redplaid3 thanks so much, Linda. The honesty just came out in this challenge.
      redplaid3 likes this.
    • marijke
      Awesome page and love your journaling so much ...
    • Cherylndesigns
      @marijke Thank you so much, Marijke! It came straight from the heart.
    • Electra
      I too loved reading your journaling. And I think that is just mean about the pony.
      I did one page that I almost wish I hadn't done because it did not feel good at all, so I understand how you feel about digging deep. Hugs.:hug
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Electra Thanks so much for the hugs, Electra. Actually, I'm glad I wrote about this. It still hurts after ALL these years, so I must have needed to talk about it. :(
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 22, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    116.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).