mcurtt

2019-07_July-TLP_Xmas_Day04_Earliest-Xmas-Memory_web

2019-07_July-TLP_Xmas_Day04_Earliest-Xmas-Memory_web
mcurtt, Jul 22, 2019
Description:
Credits: Rachel Jefferies - Fa La La La La, Shine Bright. Forever Joy - Believe. Dunia Designs - Heartsong Collab for Dawn Inskip. Kristin Aagard - Home for the Holidays.

153 words: I don’t recall the year, but I would suspect I was 4 or 5 years old. We were downstairs in my grandparent’s flat, all eleven of us, my grandparents, Uncle Max, Uncle Ted, Uncle Stan, Aunt Cathy, Mom, Dad, Ray, Joe and me. The women were busy preparing our Christmas Eve meal in the kitchen, the men and boys were nowhere to be found. Aunt Cathy made a pointed effort to not let me wander into the living room. She made me listen, she asked if I had heard the jingle bells and reindeer hooves. She whispered to me that Santa was here, and I needed to mind and stay with her so as not to disturb Santa. Soon enough I’d be able to see all of the presents that he had brought me. She was right. After the meal, the living room was filled with toys and gifts all under the tree.
KarenB likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is adorable, Marilyn. I love that sweet picture of you and love your journaling.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Such a cute photo and sweet story. Thank heavens for the Aunt Cathy's of the world. And thanks for typing out the journaling so I could read it.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • bcnatty
      This is so perfectly scrapped!! I love the simplicity of the LO, love the scrap of lace and that pic is perfect!! Thanks for sharing!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Dady
      I love the joy that comes out of your page, it's adorable !
      mcurtt likes this.
    • KarenB
      This is adorable! Love the layering and that photo is priceless, with the journaling too! Love it :)
      mcurtt likes this.
    • redplaid3
      I love the pink behind the b/w photo. So vintage 1950s. What a sweet piece of work. It's such a dear story!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • marijke
      love your story ... your page is adorable ... love the soft pink with the sweet photo.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Jul 22, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    140.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).