mcurtt

2019-07_July-TLP_Xmas_Day02_Five-Senses_web

2019-07_July-TLP_Xmas_Day02_Five-Senses_web
mcurtt, Jul 20, 2019
Description:
Credits: Rachel Jefferies - Fa La La La La. Pink Reptile Designs - Down the Chimney, Seasons Greetings.

It is so interesting to think of cold winter days and nights when we are all sweltering in a July heat wave. But maybe this exercise will take my mind away from the blistering heat. At this point, I’m so glad we have air conditioning! And so I begin: We both love our little Christmas tree, the feel of the branches, so soft. We love it so much, it is out year round and decorated for each season. The lights and ornaments are a sight to behold. The ornaments each have a special significance, whether they are handmade, received from Europe, or treasures from our youth. And as we decorate this lowly little tree, we listen to holiday music. It doesn’t matter what is playing, just surprise me, and John always does. As a break, what better treat than a mug of made-from-scratch hot cocoa, the taste is exquisite! And since one of the ingredients is a touch of cinnamon, not only does it satisfy, the smell is divine.

John’s Hot Cocoa - one serving
Measure almond milk into saucepan, based on the size of the mug. Add 1 heaping tsp of cocoa powder, a pat of butter, sweetener to taste, a dash of maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla , a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Whisk until mixed and heated through. Dollop with freshly whipped cream & enjoy!
AJK and cinderella like this.
    • flowersgal
      Lovely tree, Marilyn. Yours? Wish I could read your journaling but it's too small for me to see.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal Thank you, yes this is our dinky little tree. I'll include the journaling in my original post above.
    • Pachimac
      Oh Marilyn, I LOVE IT!!! Your tree is amazing, and the vertical placement of the photo is so perfect. I love your journaling too/ it makes me want Christmas here now!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • umyesh
      Yours is not lame at all! I love your take on this challenge! I especially like how you added a recipe at the bottom. I love your tree; we had a little one last year and I prefer it over a big one.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • norton94
      Yum - sounds like a great cocoa! Love the glow of your tree photo. I love the texture of the lace and bow. Great job!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a beautiful page and I adore your journaling!! I can almost smell John's cocoa.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      Marilyn - your story is really sweet and heart warming - love hearing about the fact that you keep this up all year! I love that - and I really love hearing your traditions of how you go about decorating it together! How he surprises you with the music choice and the yummy recipe for John's hot cocoa is the sweetest little touch here. This page is absolutely beautiful - the photo, the delicate details, and especially the beautifully written story of your tree!
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Jul 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    179.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).