mary kate

90th Birthday Song

Tags:
90th Birthday Song
mary kate, Jul 17, 2019
Description:
Nana Dee refused to wear shorts: she always said she had legs like a “bandy hen”!

When my maternal grandmother (aka Nana Dee) turned 90, we had a surprise birthday party for her. Well, “surprise”: she had bought a new outfit, and had had her hair done that morning: I guess it wasn’t really unexpected, though we all participated in the fiction of a surprise party. My sisters and I wrote a song for the occasion, which we sang (to the tune of The Wild Colonial Boy) at that party, much to my grandmother’s delight. What a great party! Nana Dee lived to be 96, btw.

Prairie Rose page kit: ForeverJoy Designs
Basically Kraft papers: Pink Reptile Designs
Worn Tops templates: Lynn Grieveson Designs
Fonts Coldstyle; Vogue
nhudao, Vrielinkie and ForeverJoy like this.
    • flowersgal
      What a wonderful memory of your Nana Dee. Love the way you have scrapped it with the photos tucked in the side and the "hen" paper on the left that ties in with her comments.
    • amien1
      What an awesome memory to have captured! I too love the pictures & labels tucked in!
    • ForeverJoy
      How awesome!! What an amazing page and story! :beat
    • cfile
      oh this is beautiful and oh so special. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Happy Birthday to your Nana Dee.. I loved reading the Birthday Poem. What a sweet page with the photo and the vintage looking elements and papers. Thank you for playng along wiith the July journaling challenge. Your page is beautiful :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    mary kate
    Date:
    Jul 17, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).