jaye

June 2019 Journaling Challenge

June 2019 Journaling Challenge
jaye, Jun 9, 2019
Description:
M3 May 2019: Define\Worthy\Identity
Make Art and Journal No. 3: Artists Miscellany by Rachel Jefferies
Journaling reads:
Here I am, the last photo of me with hair. Or at least the last photo of me with this hair. You see in a couple of weeks I was bald, totally bald. Two chemo treatments was all it took for me to lose my hair. I knew in advance that I was going to lose it but it still makes it hard when the time comes. I will forever be grateful to my hairdresser Shelby for what she did for me this day. I was booked in as her last client for the day, I mean last as in she shut down the shop to take care of me. I had undergone chemo treatment already and it was just a matter of time before my hair fell out. Shelby cut it shorter and styled it for me so I had a little bit to hold on to before we had to do the complete shave. We laughed and cried as she gently cut my hair (it was already coming out), the other girls in the shop stayed and were so supportive. I already had my wig and Shelby trimmed and styled that as well so I was ready. I left the salon feeling pretty and like I could take on the world, no one who ran into me that evening could know the battle I was facing and already fighting.
Fast forward 12 years and I will never forget the tears and laughter shared that evening. The kindness of others doing everything to make someone feel better in times of trouble.
nhudao and Justagirl like this.
    • Tree City
      Oh, I know this happened 12 years ago but reading feels so bittersweet--that isn't the exact word but I can't think of another one to describe the duality of your journaling. The pain of your treatment (and its effects) is there, but so is the support and the kindness of Shelby (and the whole salon, it sounds like!). What a beautiful page to showcase that part of your journey, which I can only imagine was so very hard.
    • flowersgal
      Beautifully written journaling conveying your emotions and the kindness extended. So glad you are 12 years away from that difficult time.
    • Justagirl
      Totally relate to this page. It’s a powerful thing empathy. I experienced a similar situation when my hair had to be shaved after the second round of EC. So glad you were able to share your story x
      jaye likes this.
    • Karen
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jaye
    Date:
    Jun 9, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    299 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).