rchansen

And I Love Her

And I Love Her
rchansen, May 5, 2019
Description:
My mom and dad celebrated their 49th anniversary Thursday. I am already starting their album for their 50th anniversary next year. I asked them what their first dance was and they didn't have one...my mom's dad had a heart attack the night before their wedding so they left their reception to do photos at the hospital. But my dad said his song to my mom has always been "And I Love Her" by The Beatles. With all my dad is going through right now, the words could not be more perfect.

Bloom & Grow - TLP Blog Hop. Generations - Paislee Press & One Little Bird. A Grand Life template 2 - Fiddle Dee Dee.
    • cfile
      Happy Anniversary to your parents Robyn! What a beautiful wedding photo! Fantastic idea for you starting their 50th Anniversary wedding album!!! - How beautiful using the song on your page :) Also how very sweet that they did their wedding photos at the hospital with your grandfather. Beautiful story. - Another idea for their 50th . if you know a lot of their old friends, have them send you the 50th anniversary cards and rememberance photos & stories from that time and make a hybrid album to go with it.. we did that for my Paternal Grandparents.. my Uncle now has it (We had it, but after my Dad passed away, I gave it to my Uncle so he would have it of his parents as he and my Aunt helped my parents make the hybrid scrap book)... anyway it was great to see other people's photos and memories of my grandparents, so now that you have a year for that, that should also bring a big smile to your parents too. If you don't want to keep that as a surprise share with them as they come in :) Hugs and hope your Dad is doing well with his treatments and your Mom is doing well too.. hugs to you all and again Happy Anniversary. I am so glad you are able to celebrate it with them. My parents were shy of 35 when my Mom passed, but when her sister (My other Aunt & Uncle) celebrated their 50th in 2005, my husband and I flew down to TX to take them to dinner and to celebrate as they had no children so it was sweet for them :) Hugs my friend, and what a beautiful heritage page and beautiful beginning page for their 50th Anniversary book!
      rchansen likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      Beautiful layout, and so lovely that you have their wedding photo with their song. All the best to you on the album.
      rchansen likes this.
    • rchansen
      @cfile Christa - it's so funny you said I should ask others to send cards and remembrance photos, etc...that's exactly what I plan on doing!! Although I'll probably scan them in and stick with digital. My girls always say my parents are "#goals" and I thought I'd have them write about how their marriage has influenced my girls. This is going to be a fun project!! And while I like this page I may end up redoing it...another reason I need a whole year!!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @rchansen What was really funny Robyn is that we had people and realatives all send the cards and photos to one of the 3 kids.. my Dad, My Uncle or My other Aunt.. so they could all put it together. (I was 14 in 1975!) My Grandmother was a "card" but she loved pulling things over on other people and did not like things happening to her.. she wasn't getting any cards and she was really getting annoyed that everyone forgot about them :) [She and my grandfather married on New years Eve so she would always have a party to go to for her anniversary!! Ha ha] Boy did we have a good laugh when she opened the book and her mouth dropped to the floor! Ha! Oh I am so glad you are doing that too Robyn. God bless.. I wish I could have done that for my parents.. Hugs a bunch :)
      rchansen likes this.
    • mcurtt
      A lovely page, I had tears in my eyes reading the circumstances in your description.

A couple of thoughts for the anniversary mementos:

When my MIL turned 80 (she will be 92 on 5/9) we had a big party for her at a local restaurant. When guests showed up, I took a photo of them. I also had made up in advance 4x6 index cards with notations on it for memories, etc. and those were on the tables. Afterwards, I presented her with a small book (all hybrid) with the 4x6 photos and the well wishes and memories from the index cards. She loved it!

And when I retired this past August, I was bowled over by the # of people who turned out for the event, at least 200 - 250 people over the course of a few hours. I wanted to do something with the cards, so I punched a couple of holes in each of them, threaded binder clips thru the holes. And I ended up with a tangible "book" of cards. I love it. I took some of the ribbons and "decorated" the binder clips, pinned some of my career pins onto the ribbons. For the front & the back of the book, I covered a couple of pieces of cardboard with wrapping paper & gift bags that I had cut to size. It didn't take very long to do, the worst of it was cramping hands using the paper punch. But it makes me smile every time I look at it.

I can't figure out how to insert a photo from my laptop into this thread, so I'll send you a PM of the book of cards.
      rchansen likes this.
    • rchansen
      @mcurtt I tearded up too when my dad told me this was always his song to her. My dad is the biggest Beatles fan so of course I know the song. As I started typing the words I got a knot in my throat. "A love like ours could never die"... Ugh, tears again!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • KittyY
      holy smokes this is a gorgeous tribute! Great song choice!! My parents were married for 60 years so I understand the gratefulness for this :) Thank you for participating in this!
      rchansen likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a gorgeous page and I love this photograph so much.
      rchansen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    rchansen
    Date:
    May 5, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    239.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).